W.L. Gore Medical Device Operator Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Medical Device Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

From application to final interview was just over 3 months. There were 2 phone interviews, one Microsoft Excel test, 3 sets of in-person group (2 people) interviews. The interviewers were pleasant enough, but we are scientists and not known for our communication skills. after the final in-person interview, they followed up to obtain references. The entire process was simply too long. The skills test was dated. The Excel version appeared to be from the 90s.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you disagreed with something your management said. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for W.L. Gore

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at W.L. Gore in May 2011.

Panel interview of three. Main interviewer Phil, controlled the interview. All three interviewers asked basic predetermined questions from a list in front of them. The questions were behavioral based about conflict and teams. Halfway through the interview the main interviewer got angry because he said the interview was taking too long. I told him I was answering the questions to the best of my ability and if I had answered sufficiently, to stop me. I was told by a management consulting company before the interview to be thorough when answering. You are selling yourself. Seemed like they only wanted a couple word answers for response. DO NOT EXPOUND YOUR ANSWERS. I'm not a psychiatrist but these were very serious people and by nature I am outgoing. At the end the interview I was asked how soon I could be there, if I could work another shift to train and if I was interested in another open position for which they thought I qualified for. I thought I had got a/ the job. Obviously not, because next day got that call that they were moving on with other applicants. Talking to others that have also been rejected seems like even though you qualify for the job on paper, they are looking for a certain personality type. Hope you fit that. Great company, good luck getting in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore in February 2008.

The most important part of the hiring process at W.L. Gore for a Medical Device Operator position has to deal with your references. They will require you to provide a minimum of 3 references. These references must be past supervisors, I believe at least two must be past supervisors and a third can be a personal reference. They will contact your references and if you are able to provide more than 3 references that will be a plus it will help speed up your hiring process. As far as the interview goes expect to be asked many behavioral questions. Do some research on the internet and get some good examples of what behavioral question are and practice your answers. Also they will be looking to see if you can fit into the Gore culture, it is a very unique culture that gives a lot of freedom to its associates so the want to see if you can handle that freedom. My advice it check out the web site and do some research on the culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you experienced a conflict with another person on your team and what did you do to resolve the conflict?   View Answer
    • Expect to be asked about your past attendance at former jobs. Also be expected to be asked about your ability to work in close small teams. This is one of the corner stones of the Gore culture.   Answer Question