W.L. Gore

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at W.L. Gore

Interview Details – On campus recruiting lead to an on campus interview. There was a group panel company introduction session after being called to setup an interview. There was food and the attendees were extremely relaxed. We got a brief presentation on the different divisions of Gore and how the company works. The session opened up to questions, but the session did not move quickly and I had to leave for class before I could talk to them one on one. The interviewer was nice and the questions were rather standard behavior based questions. Everything was standard.

Interview Question – How would you approach a project with Gore Tex and how would it be different depending on the end use environment?   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by phone one within two weeks. The phone interview was brief and not very structured. It seemed more of a friendly conversation, the interviewer started by telling me about the company, asking a few questions along the way. I could tell the individual was very excited to work there and enjoyed it. Then we went over my resume and a little about my current job/work responsibilities. Then the interviewer set up an onsite interview date, set for less than two weeks away.
The onsite interview was relatively short. There were three interview groups (two contained three people, one contained two people), each session taking 45-50 minutes. All the interviewers wore name tags, so remembering names was not part of the difficulty.
After it was over they had a tour with a local Realtor to show the prospective employee the area. No tour was given of the facility itself.

Interview Question – The reoccurring theme of the interview was about testing. A little bit of background, the products being made at this facility were medical devices, so of course the quality must be very high. If a product has a flaw it could contribute to or cause major health problems. So, in each group, the question was asked "How much testing is enough?" or "How many times would you test it before being satisfied?"
... a difficult question to be answered.
  View Answer

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – The interview process started with an on campus interview. Next, I was flown out to Gore's plant in Arizona. They were very considerate, and they did a great job with the process.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of skill based questions that were difficult. They wanted to hear your thought process.   Answer Question

Avondale, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at W.L. Gore in October 2012.

Interview Details – (2) phone interviews. First was with HR, asked several behavioral interview questions and she made it clear she was filling out an on-line form for the hiring manager. Hiring manager then called back a few weeks later and continued on with more behavioral questions. They were clearly interested in a cultural fit.

Interview Question – nothing particularly difficult, standard behavioral questions where they want you to describe situations and how you handled them in the past.   Answer Question

Flagstaff, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore in November 2012.

Interview Details – First was interviewed at school with a somewhat technical questions about 4 of them it wasn't that they where hard it was the fact that the two interviewers were asking questions of what I was thinking that really annoyed me wouldn't let me have a good thought process.
Was later invited to final interview there where 5 45 minute long back to back questions just drilling you with process questions and threw a few odd questions to try to get you off guard.

Interview Question – If gore were to bake cakes what would the label say? : l   Answer Question

Flagstaff, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Two panel interview sessions. Associates look friendly but all common questions. Don't talk about the specific job function.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy! I got what I wanted because they were in dire need for type of skillset. PLEASE NAGOTIATE WELL BEFORE YOU COME TO FLAGSTAFF, AZ.

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at W.L. Gore in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was flown over to DE and was interviewed by a handful of people.
The funny thing was that after I was offered a position, I was flown again for a 2-day house-hunting trip.
They then asked me to stop by, and I met with 5-6 more people. The meeting felt like an interrogation, although I was already given the position.

There was no room for negotiation at my level, although there is a reason- their benefits are very good. When I left, I had accrued less than a few shares of their private stock, which totaled to close to $20K!

Interview Question – "We can't tell you what you will be working on-are you willing to accept that?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I would try to negotiate non-salary items along with salary items, like vacation, tuition reimbursement, relocation package. My relocation package was quite generous, and is mainly handled by a contract agency.

Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore in May 2010.

Interview Details – A detailed and thorough interview process over several stages. Checking to ensure best fit for ability and fitting into the culture which is very specific and unique. A friendly atmosphere and clear explanation of the expectations of me.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by 6 people in 2 person teams and given a tour and lunch. It took a total of 5 hours. Questions were mostly behavior based. Some were more technical and theoretical. They asked question about working on teams and mentoring. They also did a lot of talking and asked alot of questions about how you would fit into the "lattice" organization. Mostly about being self-motivated and not shying away from seeking out information from other associates.

The interviewers were friendly but I would say that they were a bit home grown. They seem to have their own language at Gore about processes and expect others to understand what they are talking about. Needed to ask a lot of questions in order to find out what information they were looking for.

Interview Question – Tell me about stability?   View Answer

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – You need to do your homework on the company. Be aware of the culture and be show a genuine interest in the way in which decisions are made. All hiring id done from the web site ... recruiters are rarely used. It helps to have someone who knows you and your work inside the company.

Interview Question – Tell us about at project that did not go well   Answer Question

Worked for W.L. Gore? Contribute to the Community!