W.L. Gore

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

Was contacted by Gore hiring champion during my last year of graduate school. Telephone interview was ~45 minutes mostly asking me to describe my PhD research topic, some behavioral questions about working in teams and how had I dealt with conflict in past employment.

Got an onsite interview 2 weeks later. Onsite interview was rigorous. Most of day of 45 minute sessions with pairs of interviewers probing my technical depth and fit to the Gore culture. I was beat at the days end. Did not think I'd get an offer.

~2 months later an offer was made, figure they had a preferred candidate who had declined.

Interview Questions
  • What do you want people to say about you when you are dead?   Answer Question
No negotiation of salary possible, did get an extra week of paid vacation.