W. P. Carey

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Desk Assistant Interview

Sales Desk Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at W. P. Carey in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a headhunter to interview for the position, but she was very vague about it and didn't even have a job description. I was told that it was basically a training position where you would work for a few months and get licensed then move into an internal wholesale role. The interview was supposed to be with a manager first and then a woman from HR but instead I met with both at the same time. They asked basic questions about my resume and why I was interested in sales. The manager asked all the questions and the HR rep. just listened in and answered questions that I had. Got a call 2 weeks after that they decided to go with a more experienced candidate.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult, why are you interested in sales and why would you be good at it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at W. P. Carey in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed in April for a position that had been open since January. Met with HR then hiring manager. The interviews went well, everyone was pleasant and I seemed to have all of the qualities they were looking for. However, I was surprised to learn I had to take a personality test (Caliper) which apparently they place heavy emphasis on. I was instructed to answer honestly and go with my first instinct. I did but apparently my responses weren't what they were looking for because I was told they couldn't proceed with my application due to the results of the test. Now I understand why it has taken so long to fill the position. Personally, I think you learn more about a person within the first minute of a conversation than a dumb test.

Interview Question – Have you had a chance to visit our Web site? Did anything stand out to you? Why?   Answer Question

Worked for W. P. Carey? Contribute to the Community!