W. P. Carey Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at W. P. Carey

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I thought my HR interviewer established an immediate comfortable rapport, which made the interview feel overall less intimidating. Further, I did not sense any unfairness in how my interview was handled. I believe this is a sign that W.P. Carey has hired competent folks to oversee their hiring process, which probably was not as fair before (per other reviews). It seems like the management changes somewhat addressed in other reviews are improving the hiring process and the culture at W.P. Carey, if there were any problems before in those items, which I can only assess from an outsider's perspective and based on my perusal of other reviews on Glassdoor.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in by outside recruiter, came in and met with them for 30 mins and it was nothing but positive as I knew the work and come from Investment Banking background. Afterwards speaking with the recruiters I went in to interview with the company, as soon as I sat down I was basically rush out of the office. Wow it was one of the worst interview of my life as I wasted money coming in, as well as taking a day off from work to come into the city. Later I was told I did not have the presence for the role, meaning I was not White enough. I also found out from one of their vendors that it's truly a Good old boys club here at WP Carey, including the White females.

Interview Questions

• None - read the reviews in glass door, one of the worst company to work for if you are not of certain kind as they do not really hire minorities in this company.   Answer Question

Sales Desk Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter to interview for the position, but she was very vague about it and didn't even have a job description. I was told that it was basically a training position where you would work for a few months and get licensed then move into an internal wholesale role. The interview was supposed to be with a manager first and then a woman from HR but instead I met with both at the same time. They asked basic questions about my resume and why I was interested in sales. The manager asked all the questions and the HR rep. just listened in and answered questions that I had. Got a call 2 weeks after that they decided to go with a more experienced candidate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, why are you interested in sales and why would you be good at it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed in April for a position that had been open since January. Met with HR then hiring manager. The interviews went well, everyone was pleasant and I seemed to have all of the qualities they were looking for. However, I was surprised to learn I had to take a personality test (Caliper) which apparently they place heavy emphasis on. I was instructed to answer honestly and go with my first instinct. I did but apparently my responses weren't what they were looking for because I was told they couldn't proceed with my application due to the results of the test. Now I understand why it has taken so long to fill the position. Personally, I think you learn more about a person within the first minute of a conversation than a dumb test.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a chance to visit our Web site? Did anything stand out to you? Why?   Answer Question