W. R. Grace

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.8

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Interview process had multiple rounds with increasing number of people. Final interview was a half a day at headquarters. Most of interview questions focused on fit for job and growth plans. Overall no one was unpleasant and had a good sense of the environment there. Finished up with human resources and then had to wait to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • What is your sales process and how will it generate new leads or increased sales   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W. R. Grace in September 2014.

The entire process took about 2 months. First had a 30 min phone interview with HR. The on site interview took about 5 hours. Interviewed by the director and process engineers. I toured the plant with process engineers. Overall very good experience, seemed like a great place to work. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly.

Human Resources Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W. R. Grace in August 2014.

The interview process was professional and informative. Good questions were asked. They appeared to be friendly and approachable. The whole process lasted about 3 weeks for me. I enjoyed my experience with the company.

R&D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at W. R. Grace in June 2014.

Applied in April, received an interview schedule beginning of June. Interviewed with 6 people for three hours, had a mixed feeling, but mostly positive, because of need to tune-in with a different person every half a hour. I felt pretty relaxed, because I was well-prepared answering interview questions about my career. In the end of three hour interview tour I was offered to share lunch with a hiring manager and several colleges. Even I tried to behave relaxed, by this time I was really exhausted, and I am not sure i made the right decision to go for lunch. I tried to show myself from the best side, and felt this way during an interview, however I was not offered a position unfortunately.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at W. R. Grace.

applied through the website. received a phone call from the HR person dealing with this position. informed the HR individual that i needed a view of the job description. i never received the job description prior to the interview. apparently an email address is hard to figure out.
    was moved on to the phone screen with the interview team or plant staff. they were loud, and the typical "old school" engineering mentality that i abhor. you guys arent tough, so quit acting like it. i knew the interview was going no where when they opened with the typical "tell me about yourself." usually when interviews open with that, they really dont have any worthwhile questions to ask you.
    needless to say i was not asked for a site visit, and if i was most likely i would not have accepted. also, i did find the job description on my own sometime later and to say i was over qualified is an understatement. i really dont know why they contacted me at all.

Marketing Manager Interview

easy interview. One interview, recruited as intern, and then full time offer

Finance Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland City, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland City, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W. R. Grace in October 2012.

It is campus recruiting for MBA student. The employer is very friendly. We began with walking through my resume first, he seemed very interested in my background, followed several questions related my past experience and deals we made. He questioned me about why I shift my career to corporate finance and why W R GRACE. The first round of interview is not so tough I think. At last, he gave me the question time.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect he will ask me so many questions and details about my past experience. I should have prepared the deals I had done before.I almost forget about it even though it is on my resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W. R. Grace in November 2011.

There is an on-campus interview for 1st round, and a 2nd and final round at the location that you are applying for. 1st round is a short 45 minute interview, mainly behavioral with a short marketing case. 2nd round is a full day process with 4 to 5 interviews with senior leadership and 2 or 3 marketing/M&A cases.

Interview Questions
    • I had an M&A case where I was asked to analyze and give my recommendation for the acquisition of a company in Brazil. They wanted me to walk them through how I would go about looking into the company and what would the information I'd ask be.   Answer Question
    There was little room for negotiating in terms of salary, I was able to do a little better with the signing bonus and relocation package.

R&D Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at W. R. Grace in July 2010.

Interviewed with three employees. Two interviewers were conversational and easy. The third used the prescribed script from Grace and the questions came across oddly. The use of a temporary agency meant that the position wasn't direct to hire. A tour of the facility followed the first interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite chemistry class in school and why?   Answer Question
    Non-existent as it was through a temporary agency and they would not ask for higher.

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at W. R. Grace in May 2010.

The Grace interview for the summer internship position was relatively straight forward. I applied via a Grace posting on my college's job site. I was invited to the Curtis Bay site for four rounds of interviews in one day. After first meeting briefly with an HR person who described the interview process, I had 4 one-on-one interviews. 2 with principal engineers, one with the head of the development center, and one with a different HR person. The interviews were all easy. Just questions like "why do you want to work at Grace" and "why do you want to be a chemical engineer" and "describe a time where you had to deal with failure". The majority of the interviews were about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have had to deal with failure.   View Answer
    No negotiations