W.W. Grainger Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 15, 2015

Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a contract role so I applied through the staffing agency. Then I had a phone interview with the two people I'd be working with. Next they had me answer some questions by looking at some spreadsheets to analyze. Lastly, I had a final interview with the same two people.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line and received a call with in 4 days. We set a time for our initial phone interview, which went very well. Later that day I received a call and we scheduled a second, more in depth phone interview. The whole process was very smooth and very professional. Everyone was exceedingly friendly. They use the S.T.A.R. interview process. You better have done a lot of research on the company, as I was asked several questions. The questions asked during the interview are average IF you know yourself and have interviewed before.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were successful handling a serious customer issue.   Answer Question

Director Commitment Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at W.W. Grainger (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted out of the blue by a talent acquisition person for this position as the person saw me on linkedin and thought there was a direct correlation between the position and my resume. I knew that wasn't the case, but I went ahead with the phone interview anyway, as a means to talk about my experience, basically to get more practice.

Interview Questions

• She asked me specifically about how many people I managed and the function of the department I managed   Answer Question

Product Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

A Human Resources Manager, Supply Manager and Operations Manager conducted the interview. The interviews were one-on-one, on time and professional. The discussions were scheduled on different days. Questions revolved on supply chain management and skills needed to manage parts information for product offered by the company. The process from recruitment to on-boarding was short and straight-forward.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at W.W. Grainger (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was flown out to their headquarters in Chicago. There were about 9 other applicants besides myself. We were separated into groups of 5 and further interviewed individually. I spoke with three employees who asked very pointed questions, mostly probing my understanding of development cycles. They were all friendly, but it was clear that the work was more intense than their personalities. The atmosphere overall was laid-back.

Interview Questions

• If you were an executive looking to give interns a project for the summer, what would you assign them?   Answer Question

Account Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

behavioral interview lasts about one hour with some difficult questions about your previous job. Likes and dislikes. "The will do a background check and a drug test before you can be hired.

Negotiation

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I got my first round interview through a career fair at my school. I was invited back to their headquarters where I was put through 4, 45 minute interviews and a case study in a row. The interviews were very conversational and not to dificult

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions... What would you do..? name a time...?   Answer Question

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

First step was on campus meet up at a coffee house by campus. next was an on campus interview. i heard back a week later and they flew me to chicago to to final round interviews. 2 nights. first night, tour of the offices and then networking with full time employees in the supply chain area. shuttled to hotel. picked up next morning with my things and taken back to headquarters. there were two sessions, morning and afternoon. i got the morning session. 4 interviews. you stay in one room. they give you water and a few snacks. And managers from 4 different departments come and interview you. all completely different interview styles. then at the end the HR rep comes in and gives you a case study question. Want to see if you can think fast and rationally. then they gave both sessions lunch.

Supply Chain Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

1) Meet and Greet
    2) Interview (about 30-45 min, STAR interview process, some questions that gauge your ability to stay calm and think on your toes under pressure, and lastly questions that gauge your overall high level understanding of what they do)
    3) Final Interview (they fly you out to HQ for this one, more fit and leadership ?'s than anything, marathon interviews... 4 back to back 45 min interview sessions a few mini cases and one main case)

Interview Questions

• You're given results of 2 quarters for the company as a whole and then results from the private label... What might have caused increases and/or decreases in these numbers?   1 Answer

E Commerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at W.W. Grainger (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in campus job fair and received an email in one week later told me that send the resume to recruiter. Then they scheduled a time for campus interview, before that, there is a pre-interview. For the process of interview, there are three recruiters, and they just ask some general questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What can you do for this postion   Answer Question