W.W. Grainger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Lake Forest, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied via my college's career fair, and I got an interview request in a few weeks. The Grainger headquarters is quite a sight to behold, especially the lobby. Anyway, I was interview by three panels of three interviewers. Almost all of the questions were behavioral or personality based. I don't remember being asked a single technical question, which actually disappointed me a bit... I was looking for a technical position.

On the whole the interviewers were very nice, and they really did seem to value their interns.

Interview Question – They didn't ask me anything too difficult. The one question I remember feeling uncomfortable with was why I performed so miserably in this one class, and what I would do differently if I could do it again. I feel like there's no winning there. Most of us have that one or two classes that we really didn't do well in for no good reason. No matter what you do, you'll end up looking like you slacked -- unless you have a legitimate reason (e.g. medical)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered a better paying internship which was more aligned with what I was pursuing in college.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at W.W. Grainger

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at W.W. Grainger Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by W.W. Grainger employees and interview candidates.