W.W. Grainger Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2014.

I applied through my college career website and talked to the recruiters at an information session to schedule an interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions mainly. Examples below.

Tell me about a time when you had to figure out a task with a limited amount of information

Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision and how did you handle it

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Grainger

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2012.

I applied via my college's career fair, and I got an interview request in a few weeks. The Grainger headquarters is quite a sight to behold, especially the lobby. Anyway, I was interview by three panels of three interviewers. Almost all of the questions were behavioral or personality based. I don't remember being asked a single technical question, which actually disappointed me a bit... I was looking for a technical position.

On the whole the interviewers were very nice, and they really did seem to value their interns.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me anything too difficult. The one question I remember feeling uncomfortable with was why I performed so miserably in this one class, and what I would do differently if I could do it again. I feel like there's no winning there. Most of us have that one or two classes that we really didn't do well in for no good reason. No matter what you do, you'll end up looking like you slacked -- unless you have a legitimate reason (e.g. medical)   Answer Question

I was offered a better paying internship which was more aligned with what I was pursuing in college.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

The process was quick. Had a successful first interview and was invited for a second interview. Phone interview was easy with simple questions. The second interview was more difficult. I was interviewed by three people, and they all asked different questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult time of my life and how I went through it.   Answer Question