W.W. Grainger

164 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in January 2014.

Interview Details – Grainger recruiter contacted me about account mgr position. Waited 2 weeks after initial contact with recruiter. Poor follow up on the part of their recruiter. Waste of my time.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at W.W. Grainger

Interview Details – Very thorough, many layers, professional, once an offer was made it went quick, training for 2 weeks non-consecutive, very detailed, typicial sales type-drink the cool ade, once done you are out in the field figuring it out

Interview Question – Nothing out of the unusual, standard interview questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in March 2014.

Interview Details – It took a while for me to get hired and had to call HR, but I stayed persistant because I really wanted to work for this company. Once I recieve to college degree I hope to relocate and advanced with the company into managment

Interview Question – The questions were a liitle challaging but thats good, I had no issue answering the questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interviewed at W.W. Grainger

Interview Details – Decent interview, easy and open interview. People were polite and asked basic questions on functional aspects. The fit was there and they made an offer within a few weeks. I felt the interviewers predecide who they want to come into the company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Possible Opportunities Interview

Possible Opportunities

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got two emails from two different W.W. Grainger recruiters. The first one I got an interview and we walked through my Resume and she ask me the normal questions that usually the recruiters do during the interview. The second one she make me the interview through e-mail, which I think is awkward way to the things.

Interview Question – Some specific software used at WW Grainger   Answer Question

Territory Sales Associate Interview

Territory Sales Associate
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2014.

Interview Details – Took a phone interview, pretty basic and straight forward. Then the in-person interview with HR manager and TSR manager. Didn't get offered the position because they were looking for one position.

Interview Question – STAR Questions   Answer Question

Government Account Manager Interview

Government Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

Interviewed at W.W. Grainger

Interview Details – Received invite from Recruiter, phone interview went well. Then met with District Managers and Account Managers-thought they went very well.Watch out for this Company they conduct many EEOC interviews. Heard thru a mutual friend of one of the DSMs that mine was just that.. Thanks will never get that 4 hrs back..

Interview Question – Typical questions, must answer in STAR format   Answer Question

TSR Interview

TSR

I applied online - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in May 2014.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview followed by an onsite interview with hiring manager and current tsr. Also had to take a personality test after Phone interview. The whole or cess took roughly two weeks but was not offered.

Interview Question – Asked typical star questions to relate to your experiences in the past. The current trs was also included in the interview and asked questions of his own   Answer Question

Process Interview

Process

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions. Initial contact is by phone. Positions seemed to be filled prior to my interview with internal candidates. Seemed as though the interviewer was looking for reasons to discount my application. the recruiter did not seem knowledgeable about the position.

Interview Question – Questions about various software packaged and process that would only be known by someone in the current position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by recruiter. Scheduled phone interview. Recruiter was great until inquiring about current salary, after we had determined that the range for the position aligned on both parts. Recruiter demanded that salary history be told to her otherwise the interview process could not continue. This was within 10 minutes of having a first time conversation - not sure what relevancy current salary had, especially so early on. Recruiter was very demeaning and antagonistic, as well as conceited stating she had "so much experience and knows the way it works more than me". Even gave the line she was working on my behalf instead of the company, which is ridiculous because the company pays her salary. Overall the worst simple phone screen ever.

Interview Question – Could not get away from wanting to know current pay.   View Answer

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!