W.W. Grainger Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014
167 interviews

Manager of Territory Sales Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Contacted by recruiter. Face to face interview, skype type interview followed with different manager, meeting with both managers on a third occasion. Position offered to a last minute internal candidate. Contacted on a Saturday by a recruiter to meet with a manager for another position on Tuesday. Hiring manager had no idea why he was talking to me. There was no position available. Seems like a great company to work for but very poor follow up.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2014.

Got a call from a recruiter (at least that's what I assume she was) to meet at a local Starbucks for an interview. A few days later, I was asked to take the online Challey test. Within a week or so, I went into the local branch for an in person interview with a two panel team. Another week went by and I was asked to interview in person again with different people Final outcome-- no job offer. I've got many years of outside sales experience specifically with the types of clients this position would be working with. The only thing that I can see as a downfall is that I'm not just out of college or under 25. When checking over current employees in this position, you can very clearly see that they are all very young. Do they want someone to mold or influence? Why such a obvious skew toward youth? Seems as though they took me pretty far into the interview process to not seriously consider me. Total time was 4 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • No problems at all. In fact, they knew that I knew the STAR technique so well they didn't have me even try to sell them something.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2013.

You get contacted by the recruiter
    Then they set up a in person interview
    I had a board of 3 people, it was 2 Territory managers from other states, and then my manager
    Then the offer

The whole process was quite lengthy, I applied in June, interviewed in July, hired in August, started in October

Interview Questions
    • Pretty general questions, they ask you specific questions and how you answer them to see if they fit in their acronym for the way they do business.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a later start date because I was going on a long planned vacation with the family. They accommodated my request and pushed me to a later start date. From there I knew they were a great company.

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in January 2014.

Grainger recruiter contacted me about account mgr position. Waited 2 weeks after initial contact with recruiter. Poor follow up on the part of their recruiter. Waste of my time.

Account Manager Interview

Very thorough, many layers, professional, once an offer was made it went quick, training for 2 weeks non-consecutive, very detailed, typicial sales type-drink the cool ade, once done you are out in the field figuring it out

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the unusual, standard interview questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in March 2014.

It took a while for me to get hired and had to call HR, but I stayed persistant because I really wanted to work for this company. Once I recieve to college degree I hope to relocate and advanced with the company into managment

Interview Questions
    • The questions were a liitle challaging but thats good, I had no issue answering the questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Decent interview, easy and open interview. People were polite and asked basic questions on functional aspects. The fit was there and they made an offer within a few weeks. I felt the interviewers predecide who they want to come into the company.

Possible Opportunities Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in December 2013.

I got two emails from two different W.W. Grainger recruiters. The first one I got an interview and we walked through my Resume and she ask me the normal questions that usually the recruiters do during the interview. The second one she make me the interview through e-mail, which I think is awkward way to the things.

Territory Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2014.

Took a phone interview, pretty basic and straight forward. Then the in-person interview with HR manager and TSR manager. Didn't get offered the position because they were looking for one position.

Government Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Received invite from Recruiter, phone interview went well. Then met with District Managers and Account Managers-thought they went very well.Watch out for this Company they conduct many EEOC interviews. Heard thru a mutual friend of one of the DSMs that mine was just that.. Thanks will never get that 4 hrs back..

Interview Questions

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!