W.W. Grainger Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

Web Content Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview

the position itself was different from the description. It is a operational/execution role based job.

Interview Questions

• what is the first thing you would do in a project that you know nothing about   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Political in nature especially for all Government Sales Positions because they are lucrative and just require a contract for purchasing. 3 interviews after intial screen Commercial Sales is 3 interviews after initial screen

Sales Interview

Interview

traditional when I joined, now hiring is a longer drawn out process. Currently no hiring of anyone full time. This full time freeze is very selective and not consistent.

Interview Questions

• Do I want to continue to work there in hope that things will get better.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None flat offer.

FDP Interview

Interview

On campus interview, followed by in-office second round interview

Interview Questions

• How do you think the current global economic recession will affect Grainger in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview

I met the interviewer at a job fair. It was obvious that he was new to management and wasn't too good at interviewing. I was offered the position and it turns out that I had to jump through several HR hoops to actually get it. It was pretty ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions were very generic and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Too many HR hoops to jump through. It also took forever to complete the HR process.

Interview

Called by recruiter. Then had phone interview. Then went on to the main office and interviewed between two managers.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were the normal ones as in any interview   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Sweet

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered more than I asked for!

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview

Very quick reply to posting and quick phone screen. Very involved screening process with several interviews with senior leadership. Offer was made after 3rd interview which included one face to face meeting with 2 leaders. Offer came via UPS. The company is very diverse and has several layers, there are dotted lines and you may interview with someone from a department you are not being hired for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter negotiated salary, they are a 3rd party service provider not the HR department. They were flexible and made concesions.

Sniff Detection Analyst Interview

Interview

Generally positive and appropriate where needed and seen as fitting for operational security and probity. As well, the effective ratio of questionable indicators was low, showing the value of secure and stable progress within the firm. Interviewee and interviewer interaction was a tertiary sector of discussion. Such effects can show forecasting ability for the regional permissibility future factoring.

Corporate Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Interview

Phone Interview, Face to Face with 2 people & then another of the same on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What did your most recent manager give you in a performance review as negative performance? What was it? What did you do?   Answer Question