W.W. Grainger

165 candidate interviews

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2013.

Interview Details – You get contacted by the recruiter
Then they set up a in person interview
I had a board of 3 people, it was 2 Territory managers from other states, and then my manager
Then the offer

The whole process was quite lengthy, I applied in June, interviewed in July, hired in August, started in October

Interview Question – Pretty general questions, they ask you specific questions and how you answer them to see if they fit in their acronym for the way they do business.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a later start date because I was going on a long planned vacation with the family. They accommodated my request and pushed me to a later start date. From there I knew they were a great company.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at W.W. Grainger

Interview Details – Very thorough, many layers, professional, once an offer was made it went quick, training for 2 weeks non-consecutive, very detailed, typicial sales type-drink the cool ade, once done you are out in the field figuring it out

Interview Question – Nothing out of the unusual, standard interview questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in January 2014.

Interview Details – Grainger recruiter contacted me about account mgr position. Waited 2 weeks after initial contact with recruiter. Poor follow up on the part of their recruiter. Waste of my time.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in March 2014.

Interview Details – It took a while for me to get hired and had to call HR, but I stayed persistant because I really wanted to work for this company. Once I recieve to college degree I hope to relocate and advanced with the company into managment

Interview Question – The questions were a liitle challaging but thats good, I had no issue answering the questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interviewed at W.W. Grainger

Interview Details – Decent interview, easy and open interview. People were polite and asked basic questions on functional aspects. The fit was there and they made an offer within a few weeks. I felt the interviewers predecide who they want to come into the company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Possible Opportunities Interview

Possible Opportunities

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got two emails from two different W.W. Grainger recruiters. The first one I got an interview and we walked through my Resume and she ask me the normal questions that usually the recruiters do during the interview. The second one she make me the interview through e-mail, which I think is awkward way to the things.

Interview Question – Some specific software used at WW Grainger   Answer Question

Territory Sales Associate Interview

Territory Sales Associate
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2014.

Interview Details – Took a phone interview, pretty basic and straight forward. Then the in-person interview with HR manager and TSR manager. Didn't get offered the position because they were looking for one position.

Interview Question – STAR Questions   Answer Question

TSR Interview

TSR

I applied online - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in May 2014.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview followed by an onsite interview with hiring manager and current tsr. Also had to take a personality test after Phone interview. The whole or cess took roughly two weeks but was not offered.

Interview Question – Asked typical star questions to relate to your experiences in the past. The current trs was also included in the interview and asked questions of his own   Answer Question

Government Account Manager Interview

Government Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

Interviewed at W.W. Grainger

Interview Details – Received invite from Recruiter, phone interview went well. Then met with District Managers and Account Managers-thought they went very well.Watch out for this Company they conduct many EEOC interviews. Heard thru a mutual friend of one of the DSMs that mine was just that.. Thanks will never get that 4 hrs back..

Interview Question – Typical questions, must answer in STAR format   Answer Question

Process Interview

Process

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions. Initial contact is by phone. Positions seemed to be filled prior to my interview with internal candidates. Seemed as though the interviewer was looking for reasons to discount my application. the recruiter did not seem knowledgeable about the position.

Interview Question – Questions about various software packaged and process that would only be known by someone in the current position.   Answer Question

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!