W.W. Grainger

Updated Dec 10, 2014

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at W.W. Grainger in November 2014.

They ate interested in knowing your previous experience in a sales role. Specifically, are you resourceful and motivated? They ask you to submit info for a background check and take a drug test. 2 - 3,interviews before they let you know.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths? How did that apply to a positive customer interaction?,   Answer Question
    Very open, I got a great deal.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to fill out an online assessment followed by a phone interview, the next week I was called back for a face to face interview with 2 managers one of which was dressed very unprofessional and sloppy and completely disinterested in the interview. While I answered the STAR format questions the interviewer was twirling her hair and not paying much attention to my answers, the other interviewer was somewhat paying attention and seemed a little more attentive. The next day I was sent an email stating they are going to pursue another candidate.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

First there is a screening phone call by a recruiter, then a Chally personality test, then 2 interviews with hiring level managers and finally an interview with a VP. They took quite some time to give me their final decision. All interviews were basically variations of standard sales interviews where they are looking for STAR answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you mentored a peer and the positive benefit both of you gained.   Answer Question
    Salary was negotiable, also able to negotiate relocation costs.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in August 2014.

Went smoothly and in a timely fashion. Got to meet with all departments that affect your day to day job. Company is focused on every employee and that showed throughout the process

Interview Questions
    • No super hard questions. Standard interview questions. Why may you be hesitant to take this position?   Answer Question

E-commence Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Two rounds. First round on-campus interview; second round four 45 mins interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Second round interviewers seemed unprepared. Some of them came with a list of common behavioral questions and tried to pick some in the interview. Most questions can be easily found online. I didn't feel them very hard.

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2014.

First step was on campus meet up at a coffee house by campus. next was an on campus interview. i heard back a week later and they flew me to chicago to to final round interviews. 2 nights. first night, tour of the offices and then networking with full time employees in the supply chain area. shuttled to hotel. picked up next morning with my things and taken back to headquarters. there were two sessions, morning and afternoon. i got the morning session. 4 interviews. you stay in one room. they give you water and a few snacks. And managers from 4 different departments come and interview you. all completely different interview styles. then at the end the HR rep comes in and gives you a case study question. Want to see if you can think fast and rationally. then they gave both sessions lunch.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2014.

I got my first round interview through a career fair at my school. I was invited back to their headquarters where I was put through 4, 45 minute interviews and a case study in a row. The interviews were very conversational and not to dificult

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions... What would you do..? name a time...?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Applied through contact made during the career fair as the college posting did not allow international students to apply. Not too difficult as it was mostly behavioral (4 back to back interviews). There was one 15 minute case study which was an analysis of a business problem they dealt with during the last year.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Would you choose people from different backgrounds or the same background when trying to build a team   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in February 2014.

Interview consisted of hiring manager and two people that were currently in the position. Interview was not out of the ordinary... "name a time when you had a negative encounter with a client, how you handled it" blah, blah, blah. Hiring manager was nasty and argumentative. Realized I didn't want the job on the spot, she was the one that I'd have to report to.

Interview Questions
    • I am going to ask you one more question and you HAVE to answer it, "Why should I not hire you?"   View Answer

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

I applied though our university career fair and was contacted by a member of the Grainger recruiting team a week later. I had a 45 minute one on one interview with him. I was then contacted a week after that to attend final round interviews in Lake Forest, Il. I was flow to their offices where I had a full day of 4- 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Given a few minutes to introduce myself then answered basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question