W.W. Grainger

164 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in May 2014.

Interview Details – The young lady Lucretia who interviewed me was awesome.Very professional and open. The process was simple I was hired through an agency...the agency isn't great but Lucretia and the W.W. Grainger staff were great

Interview Question – there were no hard questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details – Multiple interview process begins with telephone call from HR in Chicago. After passing that one, then there was an interview with the District Sales Manager and boss. The 3rd interview was at the local branch with the District Ops Mgr and the District Sales Mgr. After passing those interviews, I received the offer letter via mail and accepted.

Interview Question – There were not really any difficult or unexpected questions asked during the interviews. Obviously, learn all you can about Grainger and demonstrate that knowledge during the interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations after the acceptance, the salary negotiations really happened during the phone interviews where the HR person was probing for salary comfort level.

TSR Interview

TSR
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in April 2010.

Interview Details – easy, they ask you about your sales history, and how you can be an asset to the company. They ask you a bunch of questions about where you have faced difficulty in the past. An obstacle you have had to over come. A success you have had in the past.

Interview Question – name 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating. pay is not that good.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details – A test, followed by a phone interview, followed by a face to face, followed by two more phone calls. It was pretty easy and they let you know if you are moving on or not. I talked to my current manager and then to her two bosses, as well as another manager of her ranking in another territory.

Interview Question – Nothing new, standard sales questions   View Answer

Market Manager Interview

Market Manager

I applied online and interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details – Need to make it past the screening of online applications. Best way to get past that is to be a referral from someone. Next will be a phone screen interview. Then there will be a minimum of 2-3 in-person interviews. If you are applying for a management or sales position, then you will also need to take some placement tests and personality tests.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in April 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and received a call from a recruiter approximately a week later. Recruiter scheduled phone interview and sent me a link to take an online personality assessment before the phone interview the next day. The recruiter called me the next day to say that she had to go to a meeting and would need to reschedule the phone interview for the following day. Had phone interview, STAR method, behavioral type questions. Phone interview seemed to go well and I thought we had a nice rapport. Recruiter told me she would pass my information along to the hiring managers and I would be contacted if they wanted to interview me face to face. I received an email about 4 days later stating they had gone with other candidates.

Interview Question – What did you like least about your last job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details – I got this job through a temp agency. It was for a data entry position and I did not have to interview directly with Grainger. The temp agency did all of the leg work for the company.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about the situation. I guess it was unexpected that the company did not want to meet with me in person before hiring me, but I was excited they loved my resume enough to give me a chance sight unseen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. The temp agency did all of the work. I filled out an online application, then had a phone interview with the temp agency.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at W.W. Grainger

Interview Details – Pre-Screening, Assesment Test, Formal interivew, Final interview

Interview Question – Must answer questionsn in STAR Format   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in January 2013.

Interview Details – You will have a phone interview with a recruiter first. After that you will have a face to face interview with the manager. They will be looking for a team and customer focused oriented individual so you should word your answers to convey that. They will be trying to find someone that is not too confident so that they can train you their way.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A very simple hourly rate offer. No real room for negotiation in this stage.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions. Prepare with STAR answers.

Interview Question – What was the largest customer you lost and what actions did you take.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for $5K more, they countered with $1,500 more.