W.W. Grainger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at W.W. Grainger

Interview Details – Pre-Screening, Assesment Test, Formal interivew, Final interview

Interview Question – Must answer questionsn in STAR Format   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in January 2013.

Interview Details – You will have a phone interview with a recruiter first. After that you will have a face to face interview with the manager. They will be looking for a team and customer focused oriented individual so you should word your answers to convey that. They will be trying to find someone that is not too confident so that they can train you their way.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A very simple hourly rate offer. No real room for negotiation in this stage.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions. Prepare with STAR answers.

Interview Question – What was the largest customer you lost and what actions did you take.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for $5K more, they countered with $1,500 more.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Commercial Account Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process takes about 2-3 weeks with an HR phone interview, in person interview with branch and another phone interview with the District Sales Manager

Interview Question – What do you expect from your experience here?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Janesville, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in February 2014.

Interview Details – 2 interviews on phone, 1 face to face

Interview Question – what are you most proud of on your resume?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to neogiate

Very Easy Interview

Legal Support Associate Interview

Legal Support Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in February 2014.

Interview Details – Work culture appeared to be cubicles. Interview was them telling me about the job. Only asked me a question of what I knew about the company.

Sales/Customer Representative E-Procurement Interview

Sales/Customer Representative E-Procurement
Janesville, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews of behavioral based questions. Ex: How did you handle a difficult customer in the past? Tell one time you went above and beyond for a customer?

Then I had a face-to-face interview, which was basically just explaining the position to me. They did ask me a few questions, but they were mostly repeat questions from the phone interview.

They asked me if I had any questions and they answered my questions.

Interview Question – What the most difficult thing I have had to over come to get to this point in your life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was only $2 difference between the maximum and minimum amount they would offer. So there was very little negotiation possible.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Lake Forest, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details – The interview process was very organized. HR provided materials for review about the company and values. An interview list was also provided that contained the names and titles of the interviewers. Everyone was on-time. One of the interviewers was a manager in HR, who interviewed for "fit" in the company culture. After the interview, the process moved very quickly. There was no second interview and the offer was made quickly. The head of the department made himself available for any follow-up questions. A very positive experience overall.

Interview Question – Imagine Grainger would like to move to a from a marketing channel-specific optimization model to a customer-centric world. What is your approach to make this happen that would best maximize revenue?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. The HR person was very responsive and handled the process very well.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on the Indiana University Kelley School of Business Job Board, Kelly Connect. I was selected for an on-campus 30 minute interview. The interview was very loosely structured; it felt more like a conversation than an interview. I was given a 3 minute interval to tell him everything Grainger should know about me and we proceeded from there. We covered a few behavioral questions: How have you dealt with a difficult colleague?, How have you handled negative feedback? After about 15 minutes, we switched to a more technical interview discussing product management, lead times, capacity and sourcing requirements.

Interview Question – If a company comes to us and wants Product X once a week for a year, what questions would you ask the customer and management to decide whether this product should be purchased once per week or all 52 at once?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Portfolio Manager

Interviewed at W.W. Grainger

Interview Details – two interviews, behavioral based questions

Interview Question – no real hard ones, have situations prepared ahead   Answer Question