W.W. Grainger

W.W. Grainger Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Recruiter called Then had phone interview followed by group interview

Sales Representative Interview

Recruiter call and did phone interview, then met the sales manager and a phone interview with their boss. Easy process and fast moving

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Very lengthy. 4 phone interviews before finally getting face to face. All questions were very situational.

Not much negotiation.

Government Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

The interview process is composed of 3 stages. The first stage is a call with the HR specialist from HQ offices who filters out candidates for the role by screening applicants based on experience, business acumen, and organizational fit. The second step is follow by a face to face interview with the hiring manager and another manager who can provide feedback to the hiring manager based on the interviewees responses and performance. The final step is a call with the hiring managers boss who asks questions regarding the role and wants to confirm the positive feedback given by the hiring manager. If you make it past the second interview process its a done deal practically. They use the STAR ( Situation, Task , Action, Result) process during the interviews so be ready to speak broadly about your past experience in terms of projects and their outcomes. I had a good experience interviewing with Grainier and got the Job. I found the industry exiting and the work rewarding. One year later I am still pleased. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about a moment when a peer was going through a difficult situation whether at work or in his personal life and tell us what you did to help him/her and what the result was   Answer Question
    Very fair and reasonable. They offered me a good package from the start

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in January 2014.

Grainger recruiter contacted me about account mgr position. Waited 2 weeks after initial contact with recruiter. Poor follow up on the part of their recruiter. Waste of my time.

Possible Opportunities Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in December 2013.

I got two emails from two different W.W. Grainger recruiters. The first one I got an interview and we walked through my Resume and she ask me the normal questions that usually the recruiters do during the interview. The second one she make me the interview through e-mail, which I think is awkward way to the things.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Called by recruiter. Then had phone interview. Then went on to the main office and interviewed between two managers.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were the normal ones as in any interview   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

First interview: On campus, 45 minutes. Few behavioral questions, nothing technical
    Second Interview: Final Round, 4 Interviews (2 on 1), behavioral "tell me about a time", nothing too technical, few situational questions nothing tough.

Interview Questions
    • What are some important metrics important for forecasting warehouse inventory?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in November 2013.

Met them at university career fair. The staff were friendly and very casual which reflected their culture.

Interview Questions
    • A technical question was asked regarding a customer wanting 50 of our product over 10 weeks. Would you prefer to give him/her all of the products at once or over the time period and why. Also, what would you take into account to determine your answer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

1st round: College Campus Interview, two half hour behavioral interviews. 2nd round: On-Site Interview, four 45 minute interviews back to back with 15 min break after the second interview. All interviews were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation in work or school where you have taken a risk and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    I have not accepted yet, but I am in the process of making a decision.