W.W. Grainger

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to fill out an online assessment followed by a phone interview, the next week I was called back for a face to face interview with 2 managers one of which was dressed very unprofessional and sloppy and completely disinterested in the interview. While I answered the STAR format questions the interviewer was twirling her hair and not paying much attention to my answers, the other interviewer was somewhat paying attention and seemed a little more attentive. The next day I was sent an email stating they are going to pursue another candidate.

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Grainger

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in September 2014.

I was first contacted by a recruiter via email. From there we set up a time to discuss the position. A couple of days later I had a phone interview with the same recruiter. About 3 weeks later I had a formal interview with the regional sales manager and the operations manager since it was a new territory.

Interview Questions
    • How I would address a customer that is reluctant to give the company a chance.   Answer Question
    No negotiating, it was straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in August 2014.

The recruiters lead you on about your hiring chances. They are very positive and upbeat but were misleading on what they were really looking for. First initial call, application and evaluation, phone interview and then face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to create a progress or statistical report.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

interviewed at W.W. Grainger in August 2014.

The first step in the hiring process is a phone interview. At the end, I was asked to move on to the next step and fill out a personality assessment. I'm currently waiting to hear if I've moved on to the subsequent step or not.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were faced with a problem and had to come up with a solution.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2014.

Got a call from a recruiter (at least that's what I assume she was) to meet at a local Starbucks for an interview. A few days later, I was asked to take the online Challey test. Within a week or so, I went into the local branch for an in person interview with a two panel team. Another week went by and I was asked to interview in person again with different people Final outcome-- no job offer. I've got many years of outside sales experience specifically with the types of clients this position would be working with. The only thing that I can see as a downfall is that I'm not just out of college or under 25. When checking over current employees in this position, you can very clearly see that they are all very young. Do they want someone to mold or influence? Why such a obvious skew toward youth? Seems as though they took me pretty far into the interview process to not seriously consider me. Total time was 4 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • No problems at all. In fact, they knew that I knew the STAR technique so well they didn't have me even try to sell them something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

A test, followed by a phone interview, followed by a face to face, followed by two more phone calls. It was pretty easy and they let you know if you are moving on or not. I talked to my current manager and then to her two bosses, as well as another manager of her ranking in another territory.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in April 2014.

I filled out an application online and received a call from a recruiter approximately a week later. Recruiter scheduled phone interview and sent me a link to take an online personality assessment before the phone interview the next day. The recruiter called me the next day to say that she had to go to a meeting and would need to reschedule the phone interview for the following day. Had phone interview, STAR method, behavioral type questions. Phone interview seemed to go well and I thought we had a nice rapport. Recruiter told me she would pass my information along to the hiring managers and I would be contacted if they wanted to interview me face to face. I received an email about 4 days later stating they had gone with other candidates.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Called by recruiter. Then had phone interview. Then went on to the main office and interviewed between two managers.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were the normal ones as in any interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2013.

Phone interview, followed by an online assessment then an in person interview

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2013.

Applied online and within a few days was asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was not too hard, just a few questions seemed a little odd. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. After the phone interview, I was sent a link for a Chally personality test. After the test, I was not asked to continue in the process.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where something got in the way but you continued anyway   Answer Question