WAC Lighting Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Specialist Interview

Business Specialist
Torrance, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at WAC Lighting Company in May 2014.

Interview Details – Preliminary interview had basic questions. The candidate would move from the preliminary interview on the phone to an interview in person. The HR is scouting through resumes and will look for people who have their resume up on the internet and contact them based on their assets. However, the HR was a little busy so there was a lot of lag time between the preliminary interview. It was unclear if the interview was still going to happen or what was going on.

Interview Question – Preferred salary.
What you like about the website?
How you felt about the job description.
What you have done at your previous jobs.
  View Answer

Business Development/Market Research and Product Manager Interview

Business Development/Market Research and Product Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at WAC Lighting Company.

Interview Details – Right form the top management to the HR, everyone is extremely CONFUSED. I was initially interviewed for a Business Development role and then for a Market Research opening and finally for a Product Manager position.

The entire interview process took close to 5 months and was finally REJECTED. The HR barely seems to know her job well enough, she asked me to send her follow up e-mails about my selection. Seriously! I thought it was a part of her job to inform me, whether I was rejected or selected.

Lastly, the President is not even courteous enough to reply and confirm receipt of any e-mail, and when she does, she says something as silly as:

“Thank you. Nice work. The videos have taken some time to download. We will get back to you.”

NOTE: This is after 2 weeks of sending her the material she had requested for. How can a link take 2 weeks to download?

What annoys me the most about this experience is the un-organized structure and that they wasted my time and made me drive down four times (3.5 hour commute, round) and kept me hanging and finally tell me they want to interview internal candidates, as it’s their company policy… Wow! Why did they not think of this earlier? So disorganized.

Interview Question – Everything was behavioural and basic. Nothing difficult.   View Answer

Business Development Specialist Interview

Business Development Specialist

I applied through college or university - interviewed at WAC Lighting Company in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied though our school career website and it's an on campus 1 to 1 first round interview. Basically they go over every single experiences on my resume. About 30 mins in totally.

Interview Questions

Business Development Interview

Business Development

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WAC Lighting Company in May 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online to the company, I received an email from HR a few hours later requesting a phone interview sometime in the next few day. The phone interview asked basic questions about my resume. at the phone interview's conclusion, a date was set for an actual interview a week or so later.

Interview Question – many behavioral questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at WAC Lighting Company in March 2011.

Interview Details – The initial intereview consisted almost entirely of behavioral questions. "Give me an example of a time you....". This is a niche lighting company that often creates new, innovative products. Consequently account managers must "build" a market for a product that customers have never heard of. Be prepared to explain how you picked up a concept was quickly able to put that knowledge to use. It would also be useful to describe how you evangelized a new method in your own company or organization.

The company seems quite welcoming to new ideas and the "entrepreneurial spirit" from their employees. The interviewer mentioned their open-door policy and how all hires get to meet (or be interviewed by) the CEO.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to learn about something new, like a method or a technology, and had to put this knowledge in use very quickly.   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Associate Account Executive

The process took a day - interviewed at WAC Lighting Company in March 2010.

Interview Details – the interviewer asked anything from resume

Interview Question – tell me something about your past experience   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for WAC Lighting Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WAC Lighting Company interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by WAC Lighting Company employees and interview candidates.