WAND Corporation

Employer Engaged

WAND Corporation Interview Questions

2.3

Help Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WAND Corporation.

Process was very quick. Was given a four page test to gauge basic technical ability as well as ability to explain technical items in a non-technical way. Interview was initially with a recruiter, then with the department head and finally with the company president. Company was understanding of schedule issues and flexible in finding a workable solution prior to hiring.

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WAND Corporation in February 2012.

Submitted resume, and heard back from HR within approximately 2 weeks. First interview was with hiring manager and another employee who reports to hiring manager. Received offer within 2 weeks.

Overall, was satisfied with the interview process, however it did not seem incredibly thorough.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Upon receiving offer, was told that offer was non-negotiable. Would have refused offer, had other opportunities been available at the time.

Multimedia Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WAND Corporation in November 2010.

The Human Resources seemed very professional in the phone interview. Then, I was scheduled for interviews with the group and then the manager of the group. The group interview consisted of four people from the department. This rated as one of the worst interviews I have ever had as far as the overall demeanor of the interviewers and the kind of irrelevant questions they asked. The interviewers seemed very cocky and threatened at the same time. There were a lot of personal questions asked. Also, they asked many questions outside of the actual job description. There were no programming languages listed as part of the job description and they asked many questions on that topic. Other irrelevant and odd questions were "Coke or Pepsi?", "What are your favorite cartoons?". I felt like I was wasting my time. Needless to say, even If they would have offered me the job, I wouldn't have accepted. They didn't seem like they were really trying to get to know me, my skills, or my experience level.

The interview with the manager of the group consisted of him asking mostly about programming languages, when there were no programming language requirements whatsoever in the job description or requirements. Also, the manager of the group was talking down about a few of the group members.

I had negative vibes overall of this place. Not to mention when I checked in and out, the front desk receptionist was very unfriendly and seemed very unhappy.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WAND Corporation in March 2010.

The interviewer was extremely candid and honest about the company, the history, and the negatives. It was a low-pressure interview. I did not like the fact that they requested my drivers license when I walked in, and kept it until I left.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do in your free time, what are some of your non-work interests?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WAND Corporation in August 2010.

I went in for an interview knowing I will be taking a series of tests. They were so unorganized when I arrived (which I always arrive atleast 15 minutes early), I had to sit and wait for 45 minutes just to take the tests! Then after the tests, I met with owner John Perrill which he mentioned the testing doesnt really matter! Ok so why did I waste my time. He didnt really ask me anything to get to know me. I thought the interview went awful, so I was surprised to see a job offer in my email 2 months later. May I add the "HR" person at the time was the most unprofessional woman I've ever met!

They made it clear to me that there was absolutely NO negotiating.

Help Desk Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at WAND Corporation in March 2010.

The interviewer talked more about himself then asking me questions. I think he was looking to not having to do his normal job. The main thing I had a problem with was the way that he talked about women that worked there.

Interview Questions
    • if you had a drawer full of white and black socks how many would you have to pull to get a pair?   View Answer

The first interviewer (I think his name was Greg) was such a jerk.

Regional Sales Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WAND Corporation in November 2009.

The interview process has changed since, but it was a basic interview.

Intitally you had to answer 10-12 questions that you submit with your salary requirements. Secondly you do an interview over the phone with the sales manager or human resources dept. After making it hrough the intitial screening you do an on-site interview with the sales manager or VP of Sales. It was a straight forward process. They left the behavioral type questions out, as that is somewhat of a waste when dealing with sales reps. I was asked to sell the pen in the room to the sales manager, and that was the most influential part of it. The ability to qualitfy and identify what their needs were got me the job

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked for a family run business?   View Answer