WCG

Updated Aug 17, 2014
Updated Aug 17, 2014

2.8

Analytics Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WCG.

Was contacted about a week after I applied by an HR person. Had a phone interview, was asked immediately to come on site for an interview. The individuals I met with (3 in a 1.5 hour period) were very friendly and knowledgeable, and that was an overall good experience. While I didn't think (after learning more about the role) that my skill set was an exact match for the position, I AT LEAST expected some sort of follow up from HR regarding my status as an applicant. I guess that was too much to ask -- I sent a follow up email 2 weeks after the onsite interviews were conducted, and received no response. As I took the time to leave work to come in to interview for the position, I expected the courtesy of at least following up with a decision. This left me with an incredibly sour taste in my mouth, even after the good experience I had meeting the employees.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WCG.

For an Intern there are four interviews from people who will be your supervisors. Challenging questions, but helps you realize if it's going to be a good fit. There are some tough questions, and knowing more about the background of each person will really help.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WCG in July 2014.

Completely confusing. Was told, "this is it" on three separate occasions. But strangest thing was that different exec's who interviewed me would totally criticize and insult their own other colleagues. Lots of discussion of innovation. But who ever I was speaking to at the time was "the real innovator". Also, lots of talk of "we don't do RFPs". But then I kept being asked what new business leads I could bring

Interview Questions
    • No real curve balls. Interview questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Weird vibe. Looks like a snake pit.

Operations Interview

It was an organized process. Came in for two interviews total each was about 2 hours.

Senior Manager - Analytics Interview

Great interview process

Analytics Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WCG.

WCG is growing rapidly and works very hard to find employees that reach their standard for excellence. Getting your foot in the door here will require networking within the company unless you are formally recruited. That said, once you have entered the interview process, it will mostly be about seeing if you are a good fit. WCG, like every agency, has a personality. If you are capable of learning what that personality is and conveying (without dishonesty) that you truly fit it through several rounds of behavioral interviews you will likely get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel New York City is the place to start a career?   Answer Question

Current Opening Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WCG.

Unprofessional.
    A recruiter approached me for a possible data and time for an phone interview. I replied. And then heard nothing back for 2 weeks. At that time I was busy with some other companies so I didn't follow up. However after 2 weeks, suddenly the same recruiter replied me for another time to do phone screening. And I replied once again. And same old same old, heard nothing back from them.
    So here comes the situation I never talked to any of them however I have a negative feeling about them. Oh, wait, maybe I'll hear back from them 2 months later?

Manager, Interactive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WCG in November 2011.

I came in for a face-to-face interview and meet three people on the project team. There was a follow up in interview with the director of production followed by one more in person interview at the SF office. After a thorough background check an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    Come in HIGH. WCG will pay if you are worth it but you have task for it. They met my salary requirement without negotiating and I only wish I had asked for more.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WCG in March 2011.

Contacted an HR manager and set up an in-person interview. Met with three different account executives and an HR coordinator. I was supposed to meet with four AEs, but the schedule was changed. It was a little unorganized and I felt like each interviewer seemed to have only just looked at my resume. The account executives commented on the rigorous work environment and long hours. I have not heard back whether I will receive an offer or not.