WGBH Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WGBH.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by an HR rep to have a phone interview. The phone interview was very short (15 minutes) and standard phone screen questions. A few days later I was emailed to set up a Skype interview with the hiring manager. The morning of the interview I was emailed to reschedule the interview (no reason given). We rescheduled for a time that I was coincidentally going to be in Boston for a face to face interview. One day before that interview I was emailed to switch to Skype as they had closed the office for the day (weather related). Ten minutes before the interview was finally going to begin I was emailed to reschedule again because they had to cancel (again, no reason given). After emailing them my availability I didn't hear back for a few days until I was notified that I would no long be interviewed as they had filled the position.

My guess is that they just kept me on the backburner until their #1 choice accepted an offer.

Special Projects Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening followed by an in person interview. First with HR and then department Supervisor. Both very friendly and personable. HR discusses company benefits with you at first interview.

Interview Questions

• A time when you had a conflict with coworker or boss and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Royalties Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WGBH.

Interview

After about 4 weeks since applying online, I was contacted by a scheduler to coordinate a phone interview. The HR interviewer was very curt and brief, I had prepared detailed answers and questions and I felt quite rushed. However, after another week, I was scheduled for a Skype interview for the following week (the entire process took about a month).
    The Skype interview was 2 parts, one with same HR interviewer and the second was with the hiring manager. The HR interview was more comprehensive of my background, any challenges or professional anecdotes I had. The hiring managers questions seemed very ad hoc and informal, which was unnerving.

Interview Questions

• "Can you tell me about a time when you felt you disappointed your manager?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at WGBH.

Interview

Found the internship through university career fair. The interview went very well- mostly conversational. I met with the manager and another member of the accounting group. Both asked me questions and I was able to ask some of my own as well. I heard back from the company within a week after the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WGBH.

Interview

When being interviewed, my interviewer had her phone out on the desk, which is totally normal. I've seen it many times. What I hadn't seen, however, was someone who couldn't put it down. She was constantly typing away on it as I was answering her questions. Very off-putting. I'm surprised if she heard a fifth of what I was saying.

After the interview, I sent a thank you email and received nothing back.

Never heard if I got the internship or not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WGBH.

Interview

Generally friendly. Culture fit is very important. Be prepared to go through HR first, which will pepper you with the most generic interview questions there are. Even for internal employees. The talk with the hiring manager will be the most informative, and will be the time you can bring your genuine self out.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing in 5 years? 10 years? Why this job? Etc.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick phone interview. I then interviewed with supervisor. After this step, I was introduced to other members of the team and then interview with them. Following this I had an interview with HR where they asked me questions on how I handled challenges and how my past experiences could compliment the position I was applying for.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

HR rep interview, direct superior interview, 6+ possible colleagues interviews individually or 2 person panel throughout the day. Overall a conversational mentality of getting to know if I would successfully fit in with the department

Interview Questions

• key to detail, analytics, ability to multi-task with large department   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of meeting with out-going staff, with a follow-up from the hiring manager. The meeting was professional, informative and thorough. It provided a very positive first impression of the organization.

Marketing and Operation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

It is a very friendly interview. It asked about your background.
    -education
    -work experience
    -project experience
    -how to solve problems
    -the biggest difficulty

They ask some practical problems, like time management, work style and how you prepare your work.

They will explain the work in their marketing department and ask about your interest.

Interview Questions

• When your supervisor is busy and he/she did not have time to give you anything to do, how do you prepare your work and what will you do?   Answer Question