WGBH Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WGBH.

When being interviewed, my interviewer had her phone out on the desk, which is totally normal. I've seen it many times. What I hadn't seen, however, was someone who couldn't put it down. She was constantly typing away on it as I was answering her questions. Very off-putting. I'm surprised if she heard a fifth of what I was saying.

After the interview, I sent a thank you email and received nothing back.

Never heard if I got the internship or not.

Production Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WGBH.

Generally friendly. Culture fit is very important. Be prepared to go through HR first, which will pepper you with the most generic interview questions there are. Even for internal employees. The talk with the hiring manager will be the most informative, and will be the time you can bring your genuine self out.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to be doing in 5 years? 10 years? Why this job? Etc.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at WGBH in December 2011.

Interview consisted of meeting with out-going staff, with a follow-up from the hiring manager. The meeting was professional, informative and thorough. It provided a very positive first impression of the organization.

Marketing and Operation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WGBH in September 2011.

It is a very friendly interview. It asked about your background.
    -education
    -work experience
    -project experience
    -how to solve problems
    -the biggest difficulty

They ask some practical problems, like time management, work style and how you prepare your work.

They will explain the work in their marketing department and ask about your interest.

Interview Questions
    • When your supervisor is busy and he/she did not have time to give you anything to do, how do you prepare your work and what will you do?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WGBH.

One of the recruiters I had been working with arranged an interview with WGBH's interactive department (web development) after a phone screening, in which I spoke with their hiring manager. Since the hiring manager was traveling, 2 developers of the interactive department sat down with me for the interview, and later a tour of their department, and a couple studios. It was clear to me that the people in the interactive department took pride in their work, and the style of work is for small teams of 2 or 3 developers and designers to work on a project for several months at a time. I received an offer from another company before I could continue further in the interview process with WGBH. Since they are a non-profit broadcasting company, it is reasonable to expect them to be a bit slower for planning further interviews or making an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my interest in several upcoming projects they had coming up.   Answer Question