WIS International Interview Questions & Reviews

76 interviews

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at WIS International in August 2014.

The whole process was almost too easy. I applied on the 27th of last month, about ten days later I got an email inviting me to an interview the following Friday. It was a group interview, literally all it was was her asking how we heard about the job and about our last position, she then went on to describe the job and what we would be expected to do, made us watch a video about the job then let us take a 5 minute break while she brought out the scanners we would be working with and then we got to work with that for five minutes. Then she called us in for individual interviews in which she just went though the application and confirmed out availability and other details and we were offered the job on the spot, given we attend orientation the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you found out about this job and about your last job? What is your availability like?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Inventory Specialist Interview

The interview and hiring process was fairly easy. The Supervisor was very thorough, in store training was exciting. The job overall was non stressful, the people that I worked and rode to work with was friendly. My Supervisor was friendly and understanding,

Interview Questions
    • If your Supervisor asked you to perform a duty that was not appropriate, how would you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at WIS International in January 2014.

Learned about job online. Interview and application submittal was done in the office in one day. Tested on scanning procedures and set up with account online to get jobs and locations.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WIS International.

After applying online, I got an e-mail the next day asking me to go in for an interview the following Monday. Interview was really short, went in 10 minutes early and actually came out by the time my interview was actually supposed to start.

Minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WIS International in March 2013.

I was just asked alot of questions about my work ethic and ability to travel. The interview took about an hour to complete, and I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at WIS International.

The hiring and interview process was very professional and thorough. We actually had training that was extensive and pertinent to the job I am now quailified to do. Questions about the job was explained and I was given time to practice. The training was also done in a small group so that sufficient time was given to each applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you plan to be in the next five years?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Traveling Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WIS International in February 2013.

The interview was very quick, I spent maybe 5 minutes waiting, then 10 in the actual interview. I believe their goal was to get me set up on their employee page and such as quickly as possible for me to be able to work the next day.

Inventory Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at WIS International.

One interview. Background check and drug screen required.

Made offer immediately.

Repair Depot Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WIS International in August 2013.

I initially found the position on their website, and contacted the front desk to ask about WIS International; the receptionist was very nice and answered all the questions she could, even though she was new herself. After we exhausted what I could ask her, she actually gave me the hiring manager's name and transferred me to his phone to ask my questions.

I called him and left a voicemail and he called me back several hours later. I asked if I could see the repair depot to see if it matched my previous experience in the navy, and he set me up for an interview instead. After about 2 days I was called by the HR Specialist and conducted an interview with her. She was a very nice person but she didn't really know what to do with the questions she was given (she didn't even know the job). Really, she just listened to what I had to say and was impressed simply by the quality of the answer not actually by what I said. It seemed like it was just a formality so I could continue the HR process toward interviewing with the hiring manager. I sent her a thank you email afterward, just because she was nice.

About maybe 4 hours after the phone interview, she called me back to set the appointment for the interview with the hiring manager. I believe she set it for about 2 days later. I went to the interview, and the hiring manager asked me some questions about my previous experience, but he was really focused on how I fit for the job and not really accomplishments. He spoke in depth about the problems they were working through in the repair depot and the modifications they were making to the 750 Terminal, and he really wanted to see that I was interested in the work that would be done.

After asking the questions, he took me to the actual repair depot (it is mostly just a room in the corner of the building) and I sat down with one of the senior technicians and showed my proficiency with soldering. This was a great experience and I got to see how the shop actually was instead of just imagining what it might be. Following the interview, I was set up with a second interview by the HR Specialist to talk to the director.

The second interview happened the following day and was between me, the director, and the hiring director. The questions were basic, just explaining work history and seeing if I matched well with the culture there (they would tell me about issues they had and ask my experience in similar problems). It was a lot of them talking and me listening, but I felt that it went really well.

After that interview it took about a week for all of my paperwork to be completed and for me to actually get the job offer. There was the standard background check and they did call my references...however it was again the HR Specialist, so she was mainly just listening for positive feedback and not anything technical. After receiving the offer, I began work about 2 days later.

All in all it took about 2 weeks from me calling the hiring manager to my first day of work.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions, the hiring manager wasn't looking to grill anybody only see if they matched up.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything, it was not really part of the job hiring process. They already decided how much they wanted to pay, the benefits included, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online - interviewed at WIS International.

Not much of an interview. She briefed me on the job description and then proceeded to put my info in the database. Then scheduled me for my first day. Which sounds great when you don't have any other options

Don't work here unless you have to

Worked for WIS International? Contribute to the Community!