WIS International

1.5

Driver & Inventory Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WIS International in December 2013.

Called me very quickly to arrange an interview after submitting my resume online & submitting my answers to their pre-interview online questions.

I didn't decline yet. The offer is still on the table. I have to take a lot of things into consideration about this job before I decide to take it. Such as the time spent driving fellow employees to an overnight (that's not ideal for my family) multiple day location pays $10 while I'm driving, however the hourly wage when doing inventory is only $0.25 above minimum wage. Also, reviews of the company by current & former employees & customers aren't very stellar.

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at WIS International in November 2013.

Went to the interview office was a mess, guy interviewing me was very odd.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard interview questions, weren't hard to answer. He looked at the computer the entire time that I answered the questions then would engage and start talking about something else. Set me up for an onsite audit an hour away showed up an there wasn't anyone there gave me the wrong day. Wasted my time.   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WIS International.

Completed online application got a call back within a week to go to the interview. Interview was simple and easy, a group of about five people being to about the company the watching a short video we were told everyone here would be offered a position as long as we passed the background check and that he was going to call everyone in for short interview right now in is office one by one. in my one on he asked about availability and some typical interview question's very short interview at the end he told to look for a link in my email for directions on completing the background check and w2 forms along with direct deposits if you wanted it. background check took a week others a day started work soon after that

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if an employee was not meeting work expectation and you have already counseled the on several occasion's   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WIS International in August 2013.

only ask will working early 3AM-5Am morning plus background check.

Repair Depot Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WIS International in August 2013.

I initially found the position on their website, and contacted the front desk to ask about WIS International; the receptionist was very nice and answered all the questions she could, even though she was new herself. After we exhausted what I could ask her, she actually gave me the hiring manager's name and transferred me to his phone to ask my questions.

I called him and left a voicemail and he called me back several hours later. I asked if I could see the repair depot to see if it matched my previous experience in the navy, and he set me up for an interview instead. After about 2 days I was called by the HR Specialist and conducted an interview with her. She was a very nice person but she didn't really know what to do with the questions she was given (she didn't even know the job). Really, she just listened to what I had to say and was impressed simply by the quality of the answer not actually by what I said. It seemed like it was just a formality so I could continue the HR process toward interviewing with the hiring manager. I sent her a thank you email afterward, just because she was nice.

About maybe 4 hours after the phone interview, she called me back to set the appointment for the interview with the hiring manager. I believe she set it for about 2 days later. I went to the interview, and the hiring manager asked me some questions about my previous experience, but he was really focused on how I fit for the job and not really accomplishments. He spoke in depth about the problems they were working through in the repair depot and the modifications they were making to the 750 Terminal, and he really wanted to see that I was interested in the work that would be done.

After asking the questions, he took me to the actual repair depot (it is mostly just a room in the corner of the building) and I sat down with one of the senior technicians and showed my proficiency with soldering. This was a great experience and I got to see how the shop actually was instead of just imagining what it might be. Following the interview, I was set up with a second interview by the HR Specialist to talk to the director.

The second interview happened the following day and was between me, the director, and the hiring director. The questions were basic, just explaining work history and seeing if I matched well with the culture there (they would tell me about issues they had and ask my experience in similar problems). It was a lot of them talking and me listening, but I felt that it went really well.

After that interview it took about a week for all of my paperwork to be completed and for me to actually get the job offer. There was the standard background check and they did call my references...however it was again the HR Specialist, so she was mainly just listening for positive feedback and not anything technical. After receiving the offer, I began work about 2 days later.

All in all it took about 2 weeks from me calling the hiring manager to my first day of work.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions, the hiring manager wasn't looking to grill anybody only see if they matched up.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything, it was not really part of the job hiring process. They already decided how much they wanted to pay, the benefits included, etc.

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WIS International.

Basic interview questions (tell me about yourself, tell me about a time...).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WIS International in June 2013.

I got a phone interview and then an in person interview after that. The phone was a screener from a call center asking if I'd been convicted of any felonies and if I was a U.S. citizen or had a work visa. The in person interview was easy--basically, since I was there, and showed a willingness to start working, I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. She asked, "What are you looking for?" and I was honest with her, and that was that.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They start you out at 9.50/hr for counting and if you don't call off and always show up on time for the first 30 days of work you automatically get a .25 raise. If you get certified to be a driver, you get $10/hr when driving, otherwise travel time is minimum wage.

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WIS International.

I applied online and was contacted via email one week later. The email had a questionnaire that they asked me to respond to, and it was typical interview questions (tell me about a time when...) that would have been difficult if it were a face-to-face interview. She called me the next day and asked me to come in to "continue" the interview. I watched a short video about the company and she asked me a few yes/no questions about whether or not I could do the job. It was hardly an interview. The only interview-type question was "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" A few days later I came in for a 3-hour training class with six other people, and I started working a few days after that. There's really not much you can say or do that WON'T get you the job. They will hire pretty much anybody. Note: there was a criminal background check but no drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schuylkill Haven, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schuylkill Haven, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WIS International in April 2013.

I applied online. I then received a phone call and was asked to go to the local office for an interview. The person who interviewed me was very kind and was very detailed in telling me all about the company. At the end of the interview, she asked when I could start and I told her and she said I was hired! =)

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions that I can recall.   Answer Question
    I was desperate for a job, and you couldn't really negotiate anything anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WIS International in April 2013.

Filled out an application. Interview consisted of one question - After a short video of what an inventory associate does, the interviewer asked all of us (a group of 6), if we thought we could do this. that's it. We received our hiring message (via e-mail) the next day.

there was none.