WIS International Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WIS International in October 2012.

They do most of their hiring through temp agencies. The temp agency called me to ask if I wanted the job - there was basically no interview. Met with management and was asked if I was good with excel and v look ups. Offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Other than excel experience, it was an interview to determine personality fit.   Answer Question

Repair Depot Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WIS International in August 2013.

I initially found the position on their website, and contacted the front desk to ask about WIS International; the receptionist was very nice and answered all the questions she could, even though she was new herself. After we exhausted what I could ask her, she actually gave me the hiring manager's name and transferred me to his phone to ask my questions.

I called him and left a voicemail and he called me back several hours later. I asked if I could see the repair depot to see if it matched my previous experience in the navy, and he set me up for an interview instead. After about 2 days I was called by the HR Specialist and conducted an interview with her. She was a very nice person but she didn't really know what to do with the questions she was given (she didn't even know the job). Really, she just listened to what I had to say and was impressed simply by the quality of the answer not actually by what I said. It seemed like it was just a formality so I could continue the HR process toward interviewing with the hiring manager. I sent her a thank you email afterward, just because she was nice.

About maybe 4 hours after the phone interview, she called me back to set the appointment for the interview with the hiring manager. I believe she set it for about 2 days later. I went to the interview, and the hiring manager asked me some questions about my previous experience, but he was really focused on how I fit for the job and not really accomplishments. He spoke in depth about the problems they were working through in the repair depot and the modifications they were making to the 750 Terminal, and he really wanted to see that I was interested in the work that would be done.

After asking the questions, he took me to the actual repair depot (it is mostly just a room in the corner of the building) and I sat down with one of the senior technicians and showed my proficiency with soldering. This was a great experience and I got to see how the shop actually was instead of just imagining what it might be. Following the interview, I was set up with a second interview by the HR Specialist to talk to the director.

The second interview happened the following day and was between me, the director, and the hiring director. The questions were basic, just explaining work history and seeing if I matched well with the culture there (they would tell me about issues they had and ask my experience in similar problems). It was a lot of them talking and me listening, but I felt that it went really well.

After that interview it took about a week for all of my paperwork to be completed and for me to actually get the job offer. There was the standard background check and they did call my references...however it was again the HR Specialist, so she was mainly just listening for positive feedback and not anything technical. After receiving the offer, I began work about 2 days later.

All in all it took about 2 weeks from me calling the hiring manager to my first day of work.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions, the hiring manager wasn't looking to grill anybody only see if they matched up.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything, it was not really part of the job hiring process. They already decided how much they wanted to pay, the benefits included, etc.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at WIS International in July 2011.

I applied for my position on the careers website. A few days later I received a call from a recruiter who set up an appointment for a phone screen. A few days after the phone screen I was called for my next interview, which was an in-person. Then a week or so later I interviewed with the person who managed the department I would be working in. Less than a week later I got a call with a verbal offer, and shortly after an offer letter was sent to my email. The entire process lasted around 2 weeks,

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your biggest strength, and your biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question
    The offer I received was very fair. I did not feel that I needed to negotiate.

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at WIS International in January 2011.

Applied online at Snag-a-job and was contacted via email two days later. They wanted to schedule an interview the following day at the office. Showed up the next day and there were about 15 other interviewees. While we were waiting to be interviewed, we were given an overview of the company and watch a couple of videos to see what WIS was about. After all day of waiting, I finally went in the manager's office for a one-on-one interview. It was mostly a joke interview. He basically went over the company and hired me on the spot.

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at WIS International in June 2010.

My interview was not the norm. I "interviewed" with about 4 other people in a small room at their main office. We were supposed to be interviewed as a group and then 1:1, but the area manager ended up telling us that they were just going to hire us right away because we were all referrals and they desperately needed people. We were not asked any questions. They had us fill out the tax paperwork and get name badges and workshirts right away. They trained us with their 10-key inventory machines with charts on the wall, just basic data entry. It was a very informal meeting, and it was a little disappointing that they did not even screen us in person or try to get to know us past our applications. At the end, they showed us how to log onto their website to retrieve our work schedules. We were told to check it every day if possible because jobs are constantly changing. The interview/training session lasted around 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What is your availability and social security number?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The hiring manager explained that we did not have experience with their 10-key machine so they would have to train us, and thus we would be starting at their base pay.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at WIS International in July 2010.

It was pretty straight forward. I went to a job fair. They gave me the information. I applied online. They called me for an interview. I went to the interview that was a group presentation. Then we were interviewed one on one. The next day they asked if I would like to come in for training. I accepted. But now I am looking up the background of the company and having doubts. But with the economy I need Something no matter how Low the pay is and only part time hours with no guarantee of hours.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I asked questions and the answered them

Worked for WIS International? Contribute to the Community!