WMC Global

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mobile App Analyst Interview

Mobile App Analyst
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WMC Global in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very sterile atmosphere. Read a post on this site that has since been removed that described feel I received to a T during my in-person interview. Felt like they went out of way to talk about how great atmosphere was - almost defensive.

Interview Question – What is your experience with mobile?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Money was good. Environment seemed too odd.

Very Easy Interview

Mobile App Analyst Interview

Mobile App Analyst
Dulles, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WMC Global in July 2011.

Interview Details – Eh, it was pretty simple. Submitted my resume, phone interview, and boom. The company claims to be metro accessible--that's not the case. When I first arrived at the office, all of the doors were locked, and the office phone was left unanswered. I had to wait until someone came back from the bathroom opened the door.

Upon entering the office, something was off. Whether it was the layout of the office or something else in the air, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. Shaken, yet still curious I awaited my interview.

I listened to someone who apparently has some sort of germphobia get reamed out by a VP of the company, who was apparently interviewing me. Great. I knew that my mind was set that this was not the place for me, but you know what, an interview is always a fun time to see what exactly you can personally get away with.

So, the interview begins and there are 3 people sitting down a long oval table; my would-be boss, a gentleman with a very southern drawl with an iPad in tow, a girl who was currently in the position I was going for and this bombastic VP. They go on and on about their company--blah, blah, blah, iOS and Android, blah. They ask me questions. I answer them. Usual schtick. I usually write a 4 page outline for my interviews the night before, so I know what to expect. I also had questions for them. The usual--things about the office environment, where they see themselves in 5 years (which threw them for a loop), and information about their goal now that PSMS are kind of a dying breed.

The VP tried to sell me on the company saying that "this is a place where someone will shoot you with a NERF gun--we have fun." Ugh. This office looks like it came straight out of your "corporate nightmare" that you had while you were jaded at your liberal arts college. Cubicles, boring office decor, whatever. I want to be sold on a company, and this was not doing it, despite already having made my mind up before the interview.

Received a "thanks but no thanks" e-mail a few months later. I had forgotten about the place already.

Interview Question – What do you know about technology?   Answer Question

Worked for WMC Global? Contribute to the Community!