WME

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at WME in April 2014.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a referral. I was given a short 15 minute Skype interview. The entire time I felt as if the recruiter was uninterested and knew from the beginning that she was not going to hire me. She even told me twice that they were full on positions, so I'm not sure why they even bothered to interview me.

Interview Question – Why WME? What movies do you watch? Where do you get your news from?   Answer Question

Intern Interview Interview

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WME in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got initial interview through employee contact, emailed company contact to set up Skype interview, where I was simultaneously interviewed by two ladies who were rather non-responsive during most of the time. It was also an extremely short interview (only about 15 min) so be prepared to "wow" recruiters otherwise you'll be set aside in resume stack.. Didn't get past first interview but from people I know at WME and based off of first round, industry can be very cold, overly formal, and anything but personable.

Interview Question – Surprised interview only lasted about 15 minutes   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at WME in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was easy. I was asked mostly about myself, what books and shows I like, and why I wanted to work at the company. I was also asked what I knew about the industry. They asked very straight forward questions, and the person who interviewed me was very nice.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Agent Assistant Interview

Agent Assistant
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at WME in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very open interview. Asked me what I was interested in the entertainment industry and why I wanted to work there. Getting an interview is the hardest part, actual interview itself is easy!

Interview Question – All very easy   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WME in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for position through a posting at school. Received a phone call and phone interview 2-3 weeks later. Was notified the next week that I got the position!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in entertainment?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WME in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied with a normal resume and cover letter in January. Heard back in February and had an interview that was really informational, less about trying to see how good I was for the job and more about me deciding for myself whether or not it was what I wanted. The interviewer was really nice and helpful and clarified how the internship would work. About 3 weeks later after a follow-up I received an email asking me to call her and was offered the position.

Interview Question – What story in current entertainment news are you following and what about it interests you? What news sources do you use to follow it?   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WME.

Interview Details – I interviewed in June 2010 at the WME office in New York. Although I knew the person I would be working for, and his friends knew me and knew I was a great employee (by meeting me at the job I was working at the time), and the connections I had assured me I would get the job, the HR person that interviewed me didn't clear me to go on in the interview process.

Interview Question – I was asked what previous experience I had with negotiation at the job I was holding at the time.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at WME in July 2010.

Interview Details – This is a ok process as usual

Interview Question – What kind of avail cation done before   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WME in March 2011.

Interview Details – It began simple enough with a computer test, which tested my grammar and typing speed. Then I waited 45 minutes for the interviewer, who was not friendly at all. He looked very bored while he read a list of questions and took notes about my answers. He had no response to any of them. He even timed one of my answers to a question (one minute). It was extreme pressure, which I suppose I understand for that company. Still, it was very, very unpleasant.

Interview Question – Would you describe yourself as ambitious, driven, or outgoing?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at WME in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of HR explaining the details of the job, and was more of a warning about the lifestyle that applicants are signing up for should they accept. They are a great agency and there are a lot of fun, interesting people who work there, but the assistant lifestyle is not for the faint of heart and HR seemed to be very intent on making sure their new hires were up to the task. If you get in front of HR odds are you have a decent "in" at the company so at that point it is just about not screwing it up, being persistent with follow up and truly having the desire to work there.

Interview Question – What do you know about being an assistant here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. All assistants get the same starting salary and mailroom assignment.

Interviews for Top Jobs at WME

Worked for WME? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WME interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by WME employees and interview candidates.