WMS Gaming

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WMS Gaming in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got the hiring manager's contact from school project. First interview is with HR on site while visiting the company. Later on received a phone inter view with a panel of two. Questions are engineering questions, and the project I did before. Since it's a internship offer, I feel like it really depends on the hiring manager's preference so it could vary.

Interview Question – I had a little bit hard time when questioned about technical details about computer graphics, so definitely warm up yourselves before taking the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation because it's an internship.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in July 2012.

Interview Details – The first contact was by a talent recruiter, who coordinates the interviews. He was also the first person to interview me. His interview was just getting to know me. Also, he did give me a heads up on what to expect in future interviews.

The phone interview was a technical one, done by an engineer and a manager. It consisted mainly of C++ questions (what is [C++ Term]? What is the difference between [this term] and [this term]). The talent recruiter requested a debriefing afterwards.

Some time after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in person interview. That consisted of a tour hosted by the talent recruiter, who then gave advice about the next interviews. Then there were three sets of half hour 2:1 interviews.

*The first pair asked technical questions and about previous experience.
*The second pair asked to design something on a whiteboard (to see how I think) and about previous experience.
*The third pair mainly asked about previous experience.

The in person interview lasted for two hours. Everyone I have spoken with were nice. The overall tone was very conversational and there was never a single instance when it seemed like an inquisition.

I was contacted one last time by the talent recruiter saying that no offer was to be made, along with some notes gathered from the interviewers. It was still a positive experience.

Interview Question – Design some software on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at WMS Gaming

Worked for WMS Gaming? Contribute to the Community!