WMS Gaming Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.8

Sound Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I met with the Audio Director who gave me a tour of the facilities and interviewed me both 1:1 and on a conference call with 3 other Sound personnel. He also gave me an introduction to their philosophy of sound as it pertains to the gaming industry.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my experience with specific sound software and recording sessions.   Answer Question
    • What were two things outside of the classroom material you took away from each school you studied at?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview

It went smooth .It was a phone interview. asked about previous experience as well. more general questions. pretty good experience. Interviewer seemed nice too. asked basic TESTING questions. this position was for contracting.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at WMS Gaming (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him

Interview Questions

• What one word describes you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked - they gave

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I met with the group of engineers I would be working with, my supervisor, and his immediate boss. I was shown the facilities by an hr person, which were very impressive. The campus is very spread out so make sure to get very detailed directions on where to report, otherwise you may end up being late.

Interview Questions

• I had to review a mechanical drawing and point out any issues   1 Answer

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview

Relaxed

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming (Waukegan, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The phone interview had to be rescheduled due to illness, but they never sent me a new interview date until I reminded them to do so. The actual interview was roughly 5 minutes long after I drove 3 hours to get there, and they never sent me an email regarding my being denied the position. I sent a follow up email and got no response. Completely unorganized and ridiculous process.

Senior Staff Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I met this group through a job fair and discussed the position and my qualifications at length. The phone interview was with 2 people who worked on the team and involved standard interview questions and a few questions about creativity. The second step was a skill test that involved creativity questions about various games and a probability question that involved some basic programming.

Interview Questions

• They said I got the Probability question wrong so double check your work.   1 Answer

Customer Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming (Cedar Falls, IA).

Interview

Process took a lot longer than it should have due to so many levels of people who have to approve everything. The interview was laid-back with some simple technological questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no chance given to negotiate, the offer was take it or leave it.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of a number of behavioral type questions including greatest strengths and weaknesses. They were mainly concerned with creativity level and approach to analytical problems. Clearly they were looking for previous work experience in the gaming industry, or an industrial type setting. A high GPA (>3.0) was key for getting the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to use your leadership skills to overcome a problem in a team setting? What was the problem, what actions did you take, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Got the hiring manager's contact from school project. First interview is with HR on site while visiting the company. Later on received a phone inter view with a panel of two. Questions are engineering questions, and the project I did before. Since it's a internship offer, I feel like it really depends on the hiring manager's preference so it could vary.

Interview Questions

• I had a little bit hard time when questioned about technical details about computer graphics, so definitely warm up yourselves before taking the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation because it's an internship.