WMS Gaming Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.8

Associate WAP Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Reno, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

Where do I start. Applied online, next day recruiter called asked about my background and general question. Set up an appointment with the manager. Ask about network, windows server, dhcp. I was like wow I should brush up on my IT. The manager did not made me feel uncomfortable, nice guy. Waiting for second interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Pune (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Presentation - Recruiters gave a presentation about the company. 1st round: Aptitude test (Technical - 30 Ques in 35 mins & Programming Test of 70 mins, 3 programs) 2nd Round: Technical Interview at their office, Mostly C++ questions, ques related to Project and Core Subjects 3rd Round: HR Interview, questions on Background and even Technical Questions

Interview Questions

• Tell one quality which is unique to you? The previous question was on Strengths which I answered. But they answered that these are what we always get. So tell us something Unique.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Pune (India)).

Interview

4 rounds ... and after 3 months got offer. Only 15% hike

2010

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Waukegan, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was hired through a Staffing agency. I had worked under contract for approxiamtely 1.5 years on what started out as a three week assignment. My initial interview with WMS through the agency was via phone with my current manager, and another member of his peer group. After approximatley a year, My director asked his VP for approval to hire me, and allocate budget. It took approximatly another 6 months for approval, and budget allocation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses, and how do you plan on improving upon them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had been working there for the previous year. I calculated my pay based on hourly rate with overtime and vacation pay. They gave me a promotion and a raise from what I had made over the previous year. I accepted a promotion to a salary position.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview

It went smooth .It was a phone interview. asked about previous experience as well. more general questions. pretty good experience. Interviewer seemed nice too. asked basic TESTING questions. this position was for contracting.

Interview Questions

Interview

I met with the group of engineers I would be working with, my supervisor, and his immediate boss. I was shown the facilities by an hr person, which were very impressive. The campus is very spread out so make sure to get very detailed directions on where to report, otherwise you may end up being late.

Interview Questions

• I had to review a mechanical drawing and point out any issues   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of a number of behavioral type questions including greatest strengths and weaknesses. They were mainly concerned with creativity level and approach to analytical problems. Clearly they were looking for previous work experience in the gaming industry, or an industrial type setting. A high GPA (>3.0) was key for getting the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to use your leadership skills to overcome a problem in a team setting? What was the problem, what actions did you take, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

- I was contacted by the recruiter to setup a phone interview with 3 employees (Director + 2 Senior Business Analysts) - I was asked clever technical questions on Oracle E-Business Suite - The recruiter called back saying they're looking for more experienced candidates

Senior Staff Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I met this group through a job fair and discussed the position and my qualifications at length. The phone interview was with 2 people who worked on the team and involved standard interview questions and a few questions about creativity. The second step was a skill test that involved creativity questions about various games and a probability question that involved some basic programming.

Interview Questions

• They said I got the Probability question wrong so double check your work.   1 Answer

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied via the company website and was contacted by telephone by the recruiter. The interview was scheduled for two days later. The phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes, with the recruiter taking up most of that time detailing the position. She only asked a few questions, seemed rushed, and ended the interview. I felt I had many more questions that went unanswered. Ultimately, I did not receive another call about the position.