WMS Gaming

2.8

Associate WAP Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2012.

Where do I start. Applied online, next day recruiter called asked about my background and general question. Set up an appointment with the manager. Ask about network, windows server, dhcp. I was like wow I should brush up on my IT. The manager did not made me feel uncomfortable, nice guy. Waiting for second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WMS Gaming in January 2013.

Presentation - Recruiters gave a presentation about the company.
    1st round: Aptitude test (Technical - 30 Ques in 35 mins & Programming Test of 70 mins, 3 programs)
    2nd Round: Technical Interview at their office, Mostly C++ questions, ques related to Project and Core Subjects
    3rd Round: HR Interview, questions on Background and even Technical Questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell one quality which is unique to you?
      The previous question was on Strengths which I answered. But they answered that these are what we always get. So tell us something Unique.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

4 rounds ... and after 3 months got offer.
    Only 15% hike

2010

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at WMS Gaming in October 2012.

I was hired through a Staffing agency. I had worked under contract for approxiamtely 1.5 years on what started out as a three week assignment. My initial interview with WMS through the agency was via phone with my current manager, and another member of his peer group. After approximatley a year, My director asked his VP for approval to hire me, and allocate budget. It took approximatly another 6 months for approval, and budget allocation.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses, and how do you plan on improving upon them?   Answer Question
    I had been working there for the previous year. I calculated my pay based on hourly rate with overtime and vacation pay. They gave me a promotion and a raise from what I had made over the previous year. I accepted a promotion to a salary position.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him

I asked - they gave

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming in June 2011.

One phone interview and then 3 more face - face interviews

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I met with the group of engineers I would be working with, my supervisor, and his immediate boss. I was shown the facilities by an hr person, which were very impressive. The campus is very spread out so make sure to get very detailed directions on where to report, otherwise you may end up being late.

Interview Questions
    • I had to review a mechanical drawing and point out any issues   View Answer

Principal Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

HR made initial contact 2 days after the application was submitted. The phone screen was scheduled in the afternoon of the day after and took approximately 30 minutes. HR called back about couple hours later and informed me that the hiring manager invited me for an onsite interview. The technical phone screen was omitted(that is the normal process to have the technical phone screen first). The onsite interview took place a few days later and was about 3 hours - 3 rounds, 45 minutes each. The interviewers were a fellow analyst, hiring manager and some technical resource. Overall the experience was not bad. The first two was rather pleasant. They were very nice and friendly. The culture seem very flexible and welcoming.
    HR called back about an hour later to inform their decision to extend an offer. Not sure if it is normal to move so quickly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard. Most of them are about the relevant work experiences and behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was asked by a technical resource on ETL questions which was not what the position required.   Answer Question
    The HR will speak to you regarding the terms before presenting the actual offer letter. Negotiation was not bad.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WMS Gaming in March 2013.

Got the hiring manager's contact from school project. First interview is with HR on site while visiting the company. Later on received a phone inter view with a panel of two. Questions are engineering questions, and the project I did before. Since it's a internship offer, I feel like it really depends on the hiring manager's preference so it could vary.

Interview Questions
    • I had a little bit hard time when questioned about technical details about computer graphics, so definitely warm up yourselves before taking the phone.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation because it's an internship.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2013.

The interview consisted of a number of behavioral type questions including greatest strengths and weaknesses. They were mainly concerned with creativity level and approach to analytical problems. Clearly they were looking for previous work experience in the gaming industry, or an industrial type setting. A high GPA (>3.0) was key for getting the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to use your leadership skills to overcome a problem in a team setting? What was the problem, what actions did you take, and what was the result.   Answer Question