WMS Gaming

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

I was call for personal interview after the phone interview. The interview went well but no offer

Associate Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

Relaxed

Customer Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

Process took a lot longer than it should have due to so many levels of people who have to approve everything. The interview was laid-back with some simple technological questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no chance given to negotiate, the offer was take it or leave it.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming in March 2014.

The phone interview had to be rescheduled due to illness, but they never sent me a new interview date until I reminded them to do so. The actual interview was roughly 5 minutes long after I drove 3 hours to get there, and they never sent me an email regarding my being denied the position. I sent a follow up email and got no response. Completely unorganized and ridiculous process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2012.

I was given a phone interview which was with some senior engineers in Chicago. They were rude and didn't give me a fair shake. Two weeks later I received an email from an HR person who said they "would not pursue me anymore".

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2009.

HR conducts the first interview. After that, their are interviews with management and your direct reports. You also have to pass a drug test.

I did negotiate for the offer and was able to get a small increase.

Shipping Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming in June 2010.

Applied online, took 3 weeks for them to email me and sent an application, they wanted me for an interview the next day. Had the interview with the Dept manger,( he did not know what to ask) I offered some information, but I felt he needed to ask normal interview questions, I told him about my 22 years with UPS and my last employer closed down the office that I managed was closed down and I was laid off. A Week went by, got a call to come in and interview with the HR and othe manager, the next day! Well I dropped everything and went to interview I was 20mins early but they made me wait for a good hour, when through one interview, then the HR girl asked me about my UPS career, she told me about their benifits then finally she asked me if I had and questions, I replied " the other 2 managers in the first interview today, had not idea what the payscale was for the Senior Manager Shipping position, Do you know what the pay would be? when she told me I told her "thank you, but I would have to withdraw" she asked but why? I told her, I did not assume I would start off at the top of the pay scale, but the pay is just too low for what your job requires.

The pay WAY too low

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WMS Gaming in October 2010.

Did interview well, was told would receive a call back, and never heard back.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2012.

- I was contacted by the recruiter to setup a phone interview with 3 employees (Director + 2 Senior Business Analysts)
    - I was asked clever technical questions on Oracle E-Business Suite
    - The recruiter called back saying they're looking for more experienced candidates

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming in July 2012.

The first contact was by a talent recruiter, who coordinates the interviews. He was also the first person to interview me. His interview was just getting to know me. Also, he did give me a heads up on what to expect in future interviews.

The phone interview was a technical one, done by an engineer and a manager. It consisted mainly of C++ questions (what is [C++ Term]? What is the difference between [this term] and [this term]). The talent recruiter requested a debriefing afterwards.

Some time after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in person interview. That consisted of a tour hosted by the talent recruiter, who then gave advice about the next interviews. Then there were three sets of half hour 2:1 interviews.

*The first pair asked technical questions and about previous experience.
    *The second pair asked to design something on a whiteboard (to see how I think) and about previous experience.
    *The third pair mainly asked about previous experience.

The in person interview lasted for two hours. Everyone I have spoken with were nice. The overall tone was very conversational and there was never a single instance when it seemed like an inquisition.

I was contacted one last time by the talent recruiter saying that no offer was to be made, along with some notes gathered from the interviewers. It was still a positive experience.