WMS Gaming

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details – I was call for personal interview after the phone interview. The interview went well but no offer

Interview Question – There is no difficult questions   Answer Question

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Associate Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details – Relaxed

Interview Question – There were no real technical tests or questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Support Associate Interview

Customer Support Associate
Cedar Falls, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details – Process took a lot longer than it should have due to so many levels of people who have to approve everything. The interview was laid-back with some simple technological questions.

Interview Question – How much do you know about computers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no chance given to negotiate, the offer was take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director Interview

Director
Waukegan, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2009.

Interview Details – HR conducts the first interview. After that, their are interviews with management and your direct reports. You also have to pass a drug test.

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate for the offer and was able to get a small increase.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was given a phone interview which was with some senior engineers in Chicago. They were rude and didn't give me a fair shake. Two weeks later I received an email from an HR person who said they "would not pursue me anymore".

Interview Question – C++ questions were ok, not difficult at all   Answer Question

Shipping Manager Interview

Shipping Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, took 3 weeks for them to email me and sent an application, they wanted me for an interview the next day. Had the interview with the Dept manger,( he did not know what to ask) I offered some information, but I felt he needed to ask normal interview questions, I told him about my 22 years with UPS and my last employer closed down the office that I managed was closed down and I was laid off. A Week went by, got a call to come in and interview with the HR and othe manager, the next day! Well I dropped everything and went to interview I was 20mins early but they made me wait for a good hour, when through one interview, then the HR girl asked me about my UPS career, she told me about their benifits then finally she asked me if I had and questions, I replied " the other 2 managers in the first interview today, had not idea what the payscale was for the Senior Manager Shipping position, Do you know what the pay would be? when she told me I told her "thank you, but I would have to withdraw" she asked but why? I told her, I did not assume I would start off at the top of the pay scale, but the pay is just too low for what your job requires.

Reason for Declining – The pay WAY too low

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in October 2010.

Interview Details – Did interview well, was told would receive a call back, and never heard back.

Interview Question – Please tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2012.

Interview Details – - I was contacted by the recruiter to setup a phone interview with 3 employees (Director + 2 Senior Business Analysts)
- I was asked clever technical questions on Oracle E-Business Suite
- The recruiter called back saying they're looking for more experienced candidates

Interview Question – Technical Questions on Oracle Order Management   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in July 2012.

Interview Details – The first contact was by a talent recruiter, who coordinates the interviews. He was also the first person to interview me. His interview was just getting to know me. Also, he did give me a heads up on what to expect in future interviews.

The phone interview was a technical one, done by an engineer and a manager. It consisted mainly of C++ questions (what is [C++ Term]? What is the difference between [this term] and [this term]). The talent recruiter requested a debriefing afterwards.

Some time after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in person interview. That consisted of a tour hosted by the talent recruiter, who then gave advice about the next interviews. Then there were three sets of half hour 2:1 interviews.

*The first pair asked technical questions and about previous experience.
*The second pair asked to design something on a whiteboard (to see how I think) and about previous experience.
*The third pair mainly asked about previous experience.

The in person interview lasted for two hours. Everyone I have spoken with were nice. The overall tone was very conversational and there was never a single instance when it seemed like an inquisition.

I was contacted one last time by the talent recruiter saying that no offer was to be made, along with some notes gathered from the interviewers. It was still a positive experience.

Interview Question – Design some software on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Principal Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Principal Business Intelligence Analyst
Waukegan, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details – HR made initial contact 2 days after the application was submitted. The phone screen was scheduled in the afternoon of the day after and took approximately 30 minutes. HR called back about couple hours later and informed me that the hiring manager invited me for an onsite interview. The technical phone screen was omitted(that is the normal process to have the technical phone screen first). The onsite interview took place a few days later and was about 3 hours - 3 rounds, 45 minutes each. The interviewers were a fellow analyst, hiring manager and some technical resource. Overall the experience was not bad. The first two was rather pleasant. They were very nice and friendly. The culture seem very flexible and welcoming.
HR called back about an hour later to inform their decision to extend an offer. Not sure if it is normal to move so quickly.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard. Most of them are about the relevant work experiences and behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was asked by a technical resource on ETL questions which was not what the position required.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR will speak to you regarding the terms before presenting the actual offer letter. Negotiation was not bad.

Interviews for Top Jobs at WMS Gaming

Worked for WMS Gaming? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WMS Gaming interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by WMS Gaming employees and interview candidates.