WMS Gaming Interview Questions

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2009.

HR conducts the first interview. After that, their are interviews with management and your direct reports. You also have to pass a drug test.

I did negotiate for the offer and was able to get a small increase.

Customer Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Process took a lot longer than it should have due to so many levels of people who have to approve everything. The interview was laid-back with some simple technological questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no chance given to negotiate, the offer was take it or leave it.

Principal Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

HR made initial contact 2 days after the application was submitted. The phone screen was scheduled in the afternoon of the day after and took approximately 30 minutes. HR called back about couple hours later and informed me that the hiring manager invited me for an onsite interview. The technical phone screen was omitted(that is the normal process to have the technical phone screen first). The onsite interview took place a few days later and was about 3 hours - 3 rounds, 45 minutes each. The interviewers were a fellow analyst, hiring manager and some technical resource. Overall the experience was not bad. The first two was rather pleasant. They were very nice and friendly. The culture seem very flexible and welcoming.
    HR called back about an hour later to inform their decision to extend an offer. Not sure if it is normal to move so quickly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard. Most of them are about the relevant work experiences and behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was asked by a technical resource on ETL questions which was not what the position required.   Answer Question
    The HR will speak to you regarding the terms before presenting the actual offer letter. Negotiation was not bad.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2012.

I was given a phone interview which was with some senior engineers in Chicago. They were rude and didn't give me a fair shake. Two weeks later I received an email from an HR person who said they "would not pursue me anymore".

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in July 2012.

The first contact was by a talent recruiter, who coordinates the interviews. He was also the first person to interview me. His interview was just getting to know me. Also, he did give me a heads up on what to expect in future interviews.

The phone interview was a technical one, done by an engineer and a manager. It consisted mainly of C++ questions (what is [C++ Term]? What is the difference between [this term] and [this term]). The talent recruiter requested a debriefing afterwards.

Some time after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in person interview. That consisted of a tour hosted by the talent recruiter, who then gave advice about the next interviews. Then there were three sets of half hour 2:1 interviews.

*The first pair asked technical questions and about previous experience.
    *The second pair asked to design something on a whiteboard (to see how I think) and about previous experience.
    *The third pair mainly asked about previous experience.

The in person interview lasted for two hours. Everyone I have spoken with were nice. The overall tone was very conversational and there was never a single instance when it seemed like an inquisition.

I was contacted one last time by the talent recruiter saying that no offer was to be made, along with some notes gathered from the interviewers. It was still a positive experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2012.

- I was contacted by the recruiter to setup a phone interview with 3 employees (Director + 2 Senior Business Analysts)
    - I was asked clever technical questions on Oracle E-Business Suite
    - The recruiter called back saying they're looking for more experienced candidates

Associate WAP Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2012.

Where do I start. Applied online, next day recruiter called asked about my background and general question. Set up an appointment with the manager. Ask about network, windows server, dhcp. I was like wow I should brush up on my IT. The manager did not made me feel uncomfortable, nice guy. Waiting for second interview.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in October 2010.

Did interview well, was told would receive a call back, and never heard back.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WMS Gaming in October 2009.

I applied via the company website and was contacted by telephone by the recruiter. The interview was scheduled for two days later. The phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes, with the recruiter taking up most of that time detailing the position. She only asked a few questions, seemed rushed, and ended the interview. I felt I had many more questions that went unanswered. Ultimately, I did not receive another call about the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

4 rounds ... and after 3 months got offer.
    Only 15% hike