WMS Gaming

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Principal Business Intelligence Analyst
Waukegan, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details – HR made initial contact 2 days after the application was submitted. The phone screen was scheduled in the afternoon of the day after and took approximately 30 minutes. HR called back about couple hours later and informed me that the hiring manager invited me for an onsite interview. The technical phone screen was omitted(that is the normal process to have the technical phone screen first). The onsite interview took place a few days later and was about 3 hours - 3 rounds, 45 minutes each. The interviewers were a fellow analyst, hiring manager and some technical resource. Overall the experience was not bad. The first two was rather pleasant. They were very nice and friendly. The culture seem very flexible and welcoming.
HR called back about an hour later to inform their decision to extend an offer. Not sure if it is normal to move so quickly.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard. Most of them are about the relevant work experiences and behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was asked by a technical resource on ETL questions which was not what the position required.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR will speak to you regarding the terms before presenting the actual offer letter. Negotiation was not bad.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was given a phone interview which was with some senior engineers in Chicago. They were rude and didn't give me a fair shake. Two weeks later I received an email from an HR person who said they "would not pursue me anymore".

Interview Question – C++ questions were ok, not difficult at all   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in July 2012.

Interview Details – The first contact was by a talent recruiter, who coordinates the interviews. He was also the first person to interview me. His interview was just getting to know me. Also, he did give me a heads up on what to expect in future interviews.

The phone interview was a technical one, done by an engineer and a manager. It consisted mainly of C++ questions (what is [C++ Term]? What is the difference between [this term] and [this term]). The talent recruiter requested a debriefing afterwards.

Some time after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in person interview. That consisted of a tour hosted by the talent recruiter, who then gave advice about the next interviews. Then there were three sets of half hour 2:1 interviews.

*The first pair asked technical questions and about previous experience.
*The second pair asked to design something on a whiteboard (to see how I think) and about previous experience.
*The third pair mainly asked about previous experience.

The in person interview lasted for two hours. Everyone I have spoken with were nice. The overall tone was very conversational and there was never a single instance when it seemed like an inquisition.

I was contacted one last time by the talent recruiter saying that no offer was to be made, along with some notes gathered from the interviewers. It was still a positive experience.

Interview Question – Design some software on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2012.

Interview Details – - I was contacted by the recruiter to setup a phone interview with 3 employees (Director + 2 Senior Business Analysts)
- I was asked clever technical questions on Oracle E-Business Suite
- The recruiter called back saying they're looking for more experienced candidates

Interview Question – Technical Questions on Oracle Order Management   Answer Question

Associate WAP Operator Interview

Associate WAP Operator
Reno, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2012.

Interview Details – Where do I start. Applied online, next day recruiter called asked about my background and general question. Set up an appointment with the manager. Ask about network, windows server, dhcp. I was like wow I should brush up on my IT. The manager did not made me feel uncomfortable, nice guy. Waiting for second interview.

Interview Question – What is DNS?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in October 2010.

Interview Details – Did interview well, was told would receive a call back, and never heard back.

Interview Question – Please tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details – 4 rounds ... and after 3 months got offer.
Only 15% hike

Interview Question – How soon can you join in 15 days   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 2010

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at WMS Gaming in January 2013.

Interview Details – Presentation - Recruiters gave a presentation about the company.
1st round: Aptitude test (Technical - 30 Ques in 35 mins & Programming Test of 70 mins, 3 programs)
2nd Round: Technical Interview at their office, Mostly C++ questions, ques related to Project and Core Subjects
3rd Round: HR Interview, questions on Background and even Technical Questions

Interview Question – Tell one quality which is unique to you?
The previous question was on Strengths which I answered. But they answered that these are what we always get. So tell us something Unique.
  Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details – I was call for personal interview after the phone interview. The interview went well but no offer

Interview Question – There is no difficult questions   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in April 2012.

Interview Details – Get a call from HR person. Had 3 technical rounds and then HR rounds.

All technical rounds are related C++ and coding. HR asked 2-3 question like, why you want to leave your company ? Where do you stay ?

Interview Question – No Difficult or unexpected question in overall.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at WMS Gaming