WNS Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.8

Finance Analyst Interview

Interview process was excellent and very well planned. I was interviewed by 4 people including HR.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WNS in August 2012.

direct call from HR
    Interview process is quite simple 3 - 4 rounds including HR round
    most of the rounds will happen same day and they will tell you the result on the same day as well

negotiations are not so tough if you are experienced but as a fresher no they don't negotiate

Finance Analyst (M & A) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS.

First Round was aptitude test which was very easy
    second Round was online financial test which includes M and A case studies bit difficult
    If u clears 2 rounds than last round will be PI

because of low compensation and 2 year bond

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WNS.

Hiring is based on requirement to specific process. Hiring starts with HR round, then a technical SME will check ur skills. Next round is generally by Sr. Group manager. If u have average tech skills and good communication, there is a really good chance they will hire you.

Very good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS in September 2014.

After waiting about 4 hours they finally call me for 1st round
    1st round - HR interview round that was easy
    2nd round - Finance test (ratio)
    3rd round - Manager round that was also easy

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at WNS in September 2014.

I applied through employee referral. the process took two days.first round was HR round second was online test based on financial concepts. third round was AM round again fourth round was manager round. After that they said me that i just need to clear one more round to get an offer letter. the last Round was VP round. I got a coll from HR that my last Round(VP round) is scheduled and if get shortlisted i will get an offer letter and i have to join the company from the next day.
    I went for the last round firstly the AVP took my technical round after that i was interviewed by VP she said that they will col me after 1 week to update about the results.

After 3 days i got to know from my friend who is working over there that the hiring is on hold now.
    It was really pathetic that even after giving 6 rounds how can they hold the hirings.Such a big waste of time..

Research Associate- Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at WNS in August 2014.

I got to know of walk-ins for research associate finance at WNS through Naukri.com. The walk ins were scheduled from 12th august to 27th august. I went on 24th August. After registering myself on their job portal I had to wait for nearly an hour for the initial screening by an HR executive. This process was random. A guy and I were called in together. The hr asked me to introduce myself. I did. She then asked me about my salary expectation which I told her. She then told me that they cannot give me the salary that I am expecting to which I said for now it's fine (sine I have a gap of 9 months in my profile). She then asked me to wait. After waiting for an hour I was called for another round of interview. During this interview, I came to know that the profile for which the interview was taking place was not the one which I had come for. They were conducting interviews for talent analysis associate. I was then asked to wait n meet the hr who first interviewed me. After waiting for another half an hour I spoke to that hr and she told me to wait. She then came after nearly half an hour and told me that the position that I had come for got closed. Had she taken the initial interview properly I wouldn't have had to wait and spoil my entire day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such... The initial hr screening was not upto the mark   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WNS in August 2014.

1st round was normal Aptitude round
    ie: English exam and Logical reasoning

2nd round was Online exam, Which was time consuming
    ie: Excel use, Online reference and interpreting the data available online

3rd round was HR round
    Normal background consulting.

4th round was With operations manager.

Interview Questions
    • Online exam was a test to understand your excel skills and also your searching n understanding the material available capacity. it was really time consuming.   View Answer
    • Cant say most difficult but, one of the questions asked was, "Do we add or subtract depreciation in cash flow and if we add or subtract, why do we do so?   Answer Question

Accountant, Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS in August 2014.

The interview had 3 rounds:
    1. HR round- this was a basic round with a test of the communication skills and AR, AP and GL. Was asked to tell the 3 main accounting rules. The next was package negotiation (the reason why I opted out). The HR was considerate to call up her Head and ask for a hike in the pacakge offered but wasof no avail so i chose to opt out.

2. Apti Round:

3. Opeartions Round: To be taken by the Process Managers: Mainly based on AR, AP and GL as i was told by their HR.

Low renumeration

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WNS.

Fair process. Mainly technical question and apptitude questions . you will fair through if you have a sound technical knowledge . Interview in this company is a quick process , they will acess you whole