WOW! Internet

Profile Unclaimed

WOW! Internet Interview Questions

2.0

Direct Sales Representative Interview

I only had one interview and the process of getting started was 2 mos.

Interview Questions
    There is no room for negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WOW! Internet in July 2013.

The people at Wow! were fantastic. I had two interviews, one individual and one group. Seemed like a great outfit to work with. The program manager seemed to be a phenomenal leader and the group at the second interview were very professional and observant. It was expressed to me that I could be taught the industry since I did not have experience and my PM background could be transferred over into this line of work.

Tier III Technical Support Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at WOW! Internet in May 2013.

There were two interviews in which my personal skills and personality were gauged and I got to know in-depth what the position called for. I was able to ask questions about the position and what was expected of me. In the interview the HR person and the manager were relaxed and encouraged open dialog. It was not the corporate interview that I had imagined.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was if I was willing to use my own judgement in lieu of a poorly structured policy.   View Answer
    Negotiations where straightforward. The HR staff prefer a frank and honest stance when negotiating.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WOW! Internet in May 2012.

I had a interview with WoW Cable and did well the first interview so I got a call to go in to the second interview I did well on the second interview. I was called by WoW Cable to do a back ground check 28days later. I passed the back ground check but thay state I had what they where looking for in there company but still dont get the job. And I had applied for this job 3times. I dont think that is right at all. If u state that I have all what your company is looking for and u do a back ground check and all I dont understand why I wanted hired...BS

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at WOW! Internet in July 2011.

I was initially given a IQ and personality test to take online, which set me up for an interview with one of the sales supervisors. Although not the norm, I had a chance to interview with the director of sales right after the initial interview. The interview itself is straight forward, they didn't ask anything unexpected. Basically asked what my experience was, why I was interested in working for them, what I felt I was bringing to the table. The culture and feel of the office was great, very healthy (especially coming from the lawn care sales position I was coming from). The people are great, everyone you meet loves to be where they are.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you know about the cable industry and how WOW! fits into it?   View Answer
    There's really nothing to negotiate. You start out with a $15,000 annual base salary (I don't know what the jokers on this site are saying with a salary being over $60k). Your commissions are based on when you make a sale and it gets installed, anywhere from $65-$130 per sale. Nothing negotiable about it.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WOW! Internet in May 2011.

Called for interview at local office. Basic interview. Tell me about yourself. Are you willing to knock on doors. Are you motivated by money. Can you close. Are you a go-getter. Passed a drug test and got hired. No real training at the beginning. Job is not very hard if your market has competitive prices and products.

No negotiation

Cable Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WOW! Internet in June 2011.

1st interview was a job fair, if you did well in your first interview you were asked to stay for a second interview. For the second interview you meet with a different person, if they feel like you're a good candidate they will give you a piece of paper to fill out a personality & intelligence test online. I then received an email requiring me to fill out a background check profile.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one thing about you that I wouldn't know from looking at your resume.   Answer Question

The hiring process is very long and drawn-out so if you want the job, be patient. I applied, interviewed (3 times in person) and accepted a job offer from another company in between waiting to hear back from them.