WPP Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

MBA Fellow Interview

MBA Fellow
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at WPP Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Full day interview at JWT in NY. Met with four executives from various agencies around the country.

The interview experience was great. The opportunity to sit down with these brilliant ad professionals and just talk shop was amazing. Questions ranged from industry thoughts and predictions, to thoughts on specific brands, to future goals and aspirations. The experience was not like MBA interviews client side. Not a single interviewer asked about my experience before the MBA program.

Interview Question – One interviewer started by asking me for questions, which caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at WPP Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – Very professional, key topics mentioned only, interview process was very direct and specific and handled well.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Immediate

Human Resources for W2O Group Interview

Human Resources for W2O Group
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WPP Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter was friendly and the initial phone call went well. Then went onsite to meet with a few members of the management team and do a phone call (which was supposed to be video and did not happen) with members of the HR team in California and Texas. All still went well, and I was very excited. Then went back for a second round interview to meet with more senior managers. Then went back for a third onsite interview. Then had to go back again in person to meet with the senior operations person (I think COO) in the NY office. Went in and had to wait, and then the interview only took 20 minutes. If you are asking someone to come in FOUR times in person plus a phone interview, that is a lot of their time. I would have liked the last interview to be more worth it. Than I never heard back-- I would follow up and they were still making decisions. Then I mentioned I had a final round interview elsewhere, and they said they were still very interested in me. I would have been find if they told me it was a pass, but I guess they really had not made a decision. When I received the other offer, W2O still had not made any decisions, so I accepted the other offer. At the time I was disappointed, but in hindsight I love my new role AND I don't think I would want to work for a company with such inability to get things done.

Interview Question – Questions were average-- more about my background and challenges I would face in the role. They were very honest about difficulties in the organization.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Executive Interview

Human Resources Executive
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WPP Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – It's good to know your knowledge i.e. Employment Law in my case, because I was tested the employment acts by the hiring managers

Interview Question – If your boss were to ask you to paint a zebra colorful, how would you respond?   Answer Question

MBA Marketing Fellowship Interview Interview

MBA Marketing Fellowship Interview
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WPP Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – After sending an essay-based application which spans about 7-9 pages, 20 are elected globally to interview. Out of the 20 invited to interview, 5 are selected to enter the rotation. The interview process consists of 5 C-Suite level interviews that span 30 minutes each. In my experience, every C-Suite executive had read my entire essay application as well as knew all the details from my resume and referenced each detail frequently or asked specific questions about it. Depending on who you're talking to - C.E.O., Chief Creative Officer, etc. the questions and interests will change.
Questions:
How can we compete with boutique advertising agencies? (C.E.O)
Why did you cite this company in your essays? (Chief Creative Office)
Why haven't you applied to positions in the advertising field before? (C.E.O.)
What industries or positions would you be interested in if you got this rotational? (HR)
Have you met/talked with the other candidates? What's your impression of them? (C.E.O.)
How did your other interviews go with the other executives - tell me about it? (HR)

Interview Question – What's the biggest problem in our industry and how are you going to help solve it?   Answer Question

Project Change Consultant Interview

Project Change Consultant
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at WPP Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was connected through a recruiter and went for the interview. Realized that they were not very clear in what they wanted or what they were trying to acheive by recruiting this role. Also there were two people who left in quick successions and so it was huritng the project. But the managers and the CFO were open and nice to let me know the situation and together we figured that they needed a bit more senior person to take the load.

Interview Question – Mostly it was nice and easy. Sometimes I had to ask them to explain the questions in context.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at WPP Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the company. They called me in and I was sat facing two recently hired staff. It was fairly informal and friendly. They asked me about advertising and marketing and why it interested me. I had been told beforehand to provide details of advertising that had really struck me, that I had found engaging and they asked me about the choices I made. They looked at my CV and spoke about some things they had highlighted and what was significant about those companies' marketing techniques. I was told I had the job less than a month later.

It was not a difficult interview provided the interviewee came prepared. They were very engaging and it felt more like a discussion that anything else.

Interview Question – I was asked to name an arbitrary brand whose marketing techniques I admired. It was implied that I should select a company different from the prepared ones I had researched.   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Web Analyst
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at WPP Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is very informal. Although the interviews was the two directors within the Blue Hive division of WPP. SO you can imagine it can be nervy.
The office and the environment is very impressive and inspiring with open plan setup.
With that in mind do not be swayed the office employs a very diverse and talented team and they make you feel wanted and the questions tend to be very standard so long as you are prepared.
Always do your research and more....

Interview Question – What do you know about campaign evaluation?   View Answer

IT Interview

IT
London, England (UK)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at WPP Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – initial contact with the company was by email, then phone.They had a panel style interview. Offices very nice but ppl underpaid, the interviewers were very unprofessional and informed my current employer that I was looking for a job without even offering me a job or checking with me.

Interview Question – what do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Worked for WPP Group? Contribute to the Community!