WPX Energy Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

2.0

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WPX Energy.

A person called on the phone first for an impromptu interview. When he/she asks if you have time for this surprise interview on the phone, say “no” and ask to reschedule. The reason you reschedule is because the HR person’s first question is “What do you know about WPX Energy?” Since it has likely been a week or two since you submitted your application, go online to find out something about WPX and then when the phone interview comes you will be prepared. Most questions in the phone interview are qualification based (e.g. How proficient are you with Microsoft Word?) whereas the questions in the in-person interview are behavioral based (e.g. tell me about a time when you didn’t get along with someone on your team and how did you deal with it?)

Interview Questions

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at WPX Energy in January 2009.

had onsite visit, then a couple of luncheons.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to leave your current employer?   View Answer
    I asked for and got vacation I wanted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at WPX Energy

Worked for WPX Energy? Contribute to the Community!