WSFS Financial

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker

I applied online and interviewed at WSFS Financial.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call several days later for a phone interview, basic questions were asked. I then attended a face-to-face interview/recruiting session a week later at their headquarters and received a second interview scheduled for the next week. All of my interviews went great and I really thought I had the job because that's how they acted. I was upset when I received a denial e-mail a few days later. It wasn't a simple process since I had to travel for all the interviews, and go through so many interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to deal with an angry customer, how did you make it better?   View Answer
  • Are you willing to travel for this position?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WSFS Financial in May 2012.

Interview Details – invited to corporate head quarters, interviewed by 1 or 2 HR people (typical situational questions), put in a room with other people interviewing for the position and take a timed exam to measure your mental math ability.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Web UI Developer Interview

Web UI Developer
Wilmington, DE

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at WSFS Financial in May 2014.

Interview Details – One single of in-person discussion with 3 people. Discussion centered around a Visual/UI design screen pictures. For most part the screen pictures were not much clear to a naked eye.

Interview Question – No difficult question faced.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Wilmington, DE

I interviewed at WSFS Financial in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the next day i received a call giving me a few predetermined dates for which I could come in. I showed and there was a group of people like me all waiting for the same thing. Together we all had to attend a recruiting session seminar which took about 30 minutes. Then we all reported back to the library and waited for our individual interviews.

Interview Question – Mainly just behavioral questions. Nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WSFS Financial.

Interview Details – Lately, as long as you have some experience, they'll hire you for the PB position...high turnover low pay!

Interview Question – NONE   Answer Question

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Commercial Credit Analyst
Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WSFS Financial in May 2011.

Interview Details – Met with 2 of the managers (one VP, the other SVP) of the asset management group. Mostly testing my knowledge of commercial real estate. Explain what a CAP rate is and how the value of a commercial asset changes as the CAP rate changes. Entry-level position so they wanted to know about courses taken in college. Focus on business financial analysis skills. Emphasized a real estate finance course I took. Make sure to talk about writing / business writing skills.

Interview Question – "5 C's of Credit": capacity, collateral, character, cash flow, condition (sounds foolish but it matters to them in the interview). They want you to say character is the most important even though my manager tells me all the time that cash flow is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WSFS Financial in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later was contacted for a brief phone screen. I then was invited to their downtown headquarters to meet with one of their recruiters, took an easy teller test (basic math skills) and was asked the usual questions. After the initial 1:1 interview, I was contacted a few days later for a second interview with the lead of the Floaters. You start as a Floater and do not have a "home" branch until around 3 months into your employment with WSFS. About a week later I was invited to return to their head office to sign the offer letter.

Interview Question – What do you envision your future career path in banking?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was necessary. It was pretty straight-forward with salary, bonuses, and benefits.

Financial Service Sales Interview

Financial Service Sales
Wilmington, DE

The process took a day - interviewed at WSFS Financial in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview and personality test. Interview was just OK personality test was OK nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WSFS Financial in February 2011.

Interview Details – very tiring but worth it.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WSFS Financial in July 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call one week after I submitted the online applicate. During the phone call there was a brief interview. They asked questions like why did you apply to our company, how did you hear about the opening, and what are you doing in your current job, etc. After the brief phone call they asked me to come into the corporate offce for a face to face interview.
At the face to face interview there was 7 other people there who had applied for the job. They made us take a 20 minute skills test and gave us an overview of the job. After that there was a one on one interview with a human resource representative. The interview was quite ordinary, no real suprise questions. Just the basic typical questions: what do you know about the company, why do you want to work for the company, why are you leaving your current job, how would you describe yourself in 3 adjectives, and so on.
Four hours after the face to face interview, they called me to schedule a second interview, this time at a local branch. The interviewer asked pretty much the same questions just worded a little differently.
I thought I did really well on the interviews but I guess I was wrong because they did not offer me the job.

Interview Question – How would your former employees describe you?   Answer Question

Worked for WSFS Financial? Contribute to the Community!