WSFS Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.4

Corporate Banking Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WSFS Financial (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

3 interviews, one with HR, one with a manager and some current employees, and the last one with several VPs. Pretty straightforward questions. I thought it went really well, and was told they would get back to me. When I eventually called them back I was told that all positions had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to handle multiple tasks at once. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSFS Financial.

Interview

I applied online and received a call several days later for a phone interview, basic questions were asked. I then attended a face-to-face interview/recruiting session a week later at their headquarters and received a second interview scheduled for the next week. All of my interviews went great and I really thought I had the job because that's how they acted. I was upset when I received a denial e-mail a few days later. It wasn't a simple process since I had to travel for all the interviews, and go through so many interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to deal with an angry customer, how did you make it better?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to travel for this position?   Answer Question

Web UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WSFS Financial (Wilmington, DE) in May 2014.

Interview

One single of in-person discussion with 3 people. Discussion centered around a Visual/UI design screen pictures. For most part the screen pictures were not much clear to a naked eye.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I interviewed at WSFS Financial (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the next day i received a call giving me a few predetermined dates for which I could come in. I showed and there was a group of people like me all waiting for the same thing. Together we all had to attend a recruiting session seminar which took about 30 minutes. Then we all reported back to the library and waited for our individual interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WSFS Financial (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Lately, as long as you have some experience, they'll hire you for the PB position...high turnover low pay!

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WSFS Financial (Wilmington, DE) in May 2012.

Interview

invited to corporate head quarters, interviewed by 1 or 2 HR people (typical situational questions), put in a room with other people interviewing for the position and take a timed exam to measure your mental math ability.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at WSFS Financial (Wilmington, DE) in May 2011.

Interview

Met with 2 of the managers (one VP, the other SVP) of the asset management group. Mostly testing my knowledge of commercial real estate. Explain what a CAP rate is and how the value of a commercial asset changes as the CAP rate changes. Entry-level position so they wanted to know about courses taken in college. Focus on business financial analysis skills. Emphasized a real estate finance course I took. Make sure to talk about writing / business writing skills.

Interview Questions

• "5 C's of Credit": capacity, collateral, character, cash flow, condition (sounds foolish but it matters to them in the interview). They want you to say character is the most important even though my manager tells me all the time that cash flow is.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Financial Service Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WSFS Financial (Wilmington, DE) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview and personality test. Interview was just OK personality test was OK nothing out of the ordinary.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WSFS Financial (Wilmington, DE) in July 2009.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later was contacted for a brief phone screen. I then was invited to their downtown headquarters to meet with one of their recruiters, took an easy teller test (basic math skills) and was asked the usual questions. After the initial 1:1 interview, I was contacted a few days later for a second interview with the lead of the Floaters. You start as a Floater and do not have a "home" branch until around 3 months into your employment with WSFS. About a week later I was invited to return to their head office to sign the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What do you envision your future career path in banking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary. It was pretty straight-forward with salary, bonuses, and benefits.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WSFS Financial in July 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call one week after I submitted the online applicate. During the phone call there was a brief interview. They asked questions like why did you apply to our company, how did you hear about the opening, and what are you doing in your current job, etc. After the brief phone call they asked me to come into the corporate offce for a face to face interview. At the face to face interview there was 7 other people there who had applied for the job. They made us take a 20 minute skills test and gave us an overview of the job. After that there was a one on one interview with a human resource representative. The interview was quite ordinary, no real suprise questions. Just the basic typical questions: what do you know about the company, why do you want to work for the company, why are you leaving your current job, how would you describe yourself in 3 adjectives, and so on. Four hours after the face to face interview, they called me to schedule a second interview, this time at a local branch. The interviewer asked pretty much the same questions just worded a little differently. I thought I did really well on the interviews but I guess I was wrong because they did not offer me the job.