WSI Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.6

IT Help Desk-Mattawan Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at WSI (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online on their website job app section back in Nov 2013. Heard nothing but kept seeing the job posting. Finally contacted them and asked in March 2014 to check if I was being seen in their system. The lady told me, oh your profile needs updated. Then said when you update, give us a call for appointment. Did that, went in and seen recruiter. Waited 15 minutes to be seen then recruiter takes me to office and immediately says, this position is on hold and asks if I have a resume with me. She looks at it then says, well you are definitely qualified and they says call me in 2 weeks. That was it a whole 5 minutes maybe. Went dressed in suit and tie and had my portfolio ready, but that was it. Tried calling as instructed, tried emailing, updating etc, but no response. Meanwhile, unknowingly, my step son had gone in a few days after I did and had about a half hour interview and they actually submitted his resume to the client. He only wore a shirt, no tie and khaki pants. After a week he contacted WSI and they told him the client said he wasn't qualified enough. I am 58 and my stepson is 33. What this is telling me is that they are age specific in their hiring. Also says that they are looking for that perfect person that realistically does not exist. It is not that they can't find anyone with the skills as you commonly hear in the news.

Interview Questions

• Only question asked was whether I had a copy of my resume. I handed one to recruiter, she took not even a minute glance and just said you are definitely qualified.   1 Answer

Remote Sensing Tech Interview

Interview

Applied on a Friday, they called me the next week to schedule an interview. Went through a second interview about two weeks later and am currently waiting to hear back!

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WSI.

Interview

I got an Inmail on LinkedIn from the HR of the company. I responded to her message after which she called me to discuss more about the position.She scheduled a telephonic interview with one of the employees at the company. I got through the telephonic interview and was called for a onsite interview. The questions were straightforward based on OOP's,Databases and a little bit on the UI stuff.

Interview Questions

• I did not come across any difficult questions during the interview process as everything was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WSI (Madison, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with a videoconference interview where I met with each product manager I'd be working with, my manager, and a member of my functional team. After that step, there were a couple of phone follow-ups scheduled at my convenience. I came in for a team interview, and had one-on-ones with executives during this same day. The entire process took about two weeks. They did a "design in front of me" exercise which was really about communicating with a team while doing a quick heuristic evaluation of an application.

Interview Questions

• Describe your design process, how do you handle developer push-back, how do you like to prototype?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at WSI (Andover, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

They are very nice people. I had a phone interview with basic questions on my resume and algorithm question. Then, I had onsite interview, it was one full day. Most of it was white board stuff. But they look at your problem solving. They are very tough and smart people. I would love to work with them but didn't receive offer. I was a bit nervous and I had 6 1:1 interviews with HR round. All focused on computer science basics and a little bit programming. I did well in few rounds. But other rounds where I didn't well screwed my overall performance. So, Good luck guys. Hope this helps !

Interview Questions

• Given a byte, count the number of bits set in it.   Answer Question
    • They gave me few code snippets and asked me what was wrong with it. It was easy.   Answer Question

Online Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WSI (Saint Charles, MO) in July 2007.

Interview

Very casual, went over my resume and experience with the owner and one of the head marketing people. Both did not seem to care about experience or professional skills, but rather took the time to talk up the position and the company. Owner touted the company as being "family-oriented" and with a lot of flex time.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult questions, just general questions about my skill level and proficiency with Excel and a few other basic programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but I urge others to do competitive research and discuss their salary requirements.