WSIB Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WSIB in June 2015.

Interview

Was sent an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was 10 minutes long asking about my understanding of the position and providing information about the following process. Received an email almost two full weeks later saying they weren't interested even though it went well and I more than qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific example of when you had to make a decision in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview with basic behavioral questions. 2. Invited to assessment testing which consists of active listening, behavioural and critical thinking (Watson-Glaser test). 3. Write a 2 page or less essay on a "Critical Thinking". 4, Interview with two people (One HR and the other a Manager), open behavioural interview questions that draw from current or past work experiences. 5. Lastly, after the interview a 30 minute written assessment on how you would prioritize 5 situational problems you might have as an EA. The interviewers were very supportive and non-judgmental. I felt the whole process was a good opportunity to improve on my interviewing skills and understand what industry leaders are doing to find the right candidates.

Interview Questions

• All behavioural type questions (STAR). However, it was interactive where during a question the interviewers would probe more for specific details.

Typical Question
      "Tell us a time where you had to go through some changes in a workplace setting?" "What caused it?" "How did you handle the change?" "What were the results of this change?"

1 Answer

Eligibility Adjudicator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WSIB in April 2015.

Interview

Not very transparent, you do a phone interview, written exam, Essay and 1hr face to face interview with 2 people & another 30mins exam. The interview process moves very quickly, after that you are placed in an external candidate pool until they decide to "pull" you out

Interview Questions

• Describe change your company went through and how you handled it   1 Answer

Business Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at WSIB.

Interview

Good - Thorough and not too stressful. Was placed there through an agency and then had formal interview. was placed in a job to support the Director of WSIB.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fir for this role?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Thorough, straight-forward and focused on abilities and experience as they relate to the role. Several tiered interview process - phone screen, in-person with recruiter and hiring manager, and additional in-person with another director. Conditional offer presented pending background check. Offer letter presented approx. 60 days from first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was about a three month process. I have since realized they advertise this role constantly, and having read the reviews from staff, I can understand why. The interview process was quite odd. Both the recruiter and the interviewing manager swung from one extreme to the other; really friendly (kind of cloying), then overly imperious, then back again. One thing I noticed was the way the staff around the building appear. Staring ahead, not making eye contact, sort of the body language and demeanour you see from funeral directors. Rigid and dour.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural. Lot's of " tell us about a time when . . ."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The whole process took 8 months. The interview process consists of 4 stages.
    I did not get a good read from the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• The essay question was very straightforward, but frankly I was confused as to why WSIB would want an essay that was a regurgitation of what is on their website.   2 Answers

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Felt very templated. It was initial phone screen where they went though a bunch of boilerplate questions.
    No suprises. Very straightforward. Overall impression was neither here nor there.

Eligibility Adjudicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Human Resources were great to deal with over the phone. The person conducting the written listening test was OK. The in person recruiter was not very personable, but responded in a timely manner. Interview process was long and somewhat unnecessary for the basic function of our position, and no where during this process did they mention it was a call center environment. In fact, they stil deny it. The posting needs to clearly state a call center environment as this was not evident in reading the posting or interviewing. Also in this way, only people interested in call center work will apply and perhaps this will help to stabilize our department's turn over (with a committment of real help from management).

Interview Questions

• The questions are as anticipated - behavioural mostly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing is negotiable. Very rigid. You must start on this date and work only 8:30 to 4:30, not a minute before or after. You must take your lunch and break during this time only. Salary and vacation are non-negotiable as it is unionzied. Where most people can work flexible start times immediately, this is not the case here until after your very long probationary period is over. During this time, there is absolutely no work life balance. While you are accumulating vacation and personal days credits, you are not allowed to use them (frowned upon if you or a family member is ill), until after long probationary period is over. I was called by the director who was very abrupt, spoke quickly and told me about the required quotas which over the phone did not seem unreasonable, until I hit the floor and had to do it the way they had structured it.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was one interview on campus that took about 40 minutes going through the resume.