WSOL

WSOL Interview Questions & Reviews

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrator (Aka Help Desk) Interview

Systems Administrator (Aka Help Desk)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WSOL in December 2011.

Interview Details – Office seemed unorganized. When scheduling interviews based on my availability, it always had to be on their best time and not mine. I was told that I was on the high end for what they were willing to pay yet it was the average for the Aurora area. Company seems to be on the cheap side, considering they only utilize Google apps as their email system. One projects they were looking into was converting to a better email system but cheaper.

Company seems to be expanding but that expansion in my perception only seems to be happening inside the executives' wallets.

Interview Question – What was the worst thing you did and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at WSOL in December 2011.

Interview Details – Basically interviewing with WSOL was a HUGE waste of my time. I was asked what my salary requirements were and I told them. They said that it wasn't a problem. So I worked over several evenings when I could have been doing freelance on a HTML test. They flew me out to chicago the following weekend for an in person interview. The interview went well, it lasted for 3 hours. Everyone was very nice but they did talk smack about my current company. So I left the interview feeling great. Flew back home the next day. A week later I still haven't been reimbursed for my travel expenses.

Monday evening comes and finally I hear from the HR person that I have the job. I am very excited but they are offering less money than I currently make. I have no problem negotiating that so I just left it. Tuesday I wrote up my counter email and sent it off. On Thursday the hr contact calls me and tells me that WSOL rescinded the offer. I am completely shocked and also very angry. Apparently they had some contracts fall through or something. I think it was my counter letter, asking for what I currently make even though I was lead to believe by the director that my current salary would not be an issue.

The last thing the HR lady said to me is "We will keep your resume on the top of the pile should the position open up again." What a bunch of bull and a absolute HUGE waste of my time.

A company that frequently rescindes job offers is not a good reputation to have. Beware trying to work for WSOL.

Interview Question – Favorite websites I like to visit.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for WSOL? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WSOL interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by WSOL employees and interview candidates.