WSP Environment & Energy Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at WSP Environment & Energy

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WSP Environment & Energy in September 2010.

Was first screened via phone and was then brought in for an interview. I first met 1:1 with the GM, then had a 2 group interviews. First interview was with Senior staff, second interview was with Junior staff. I was then tasked with providing a writing sample. I was given a computer and a question to answer, with 10 minutes to do so. Approximately a week later, i received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given technical situation X, how would you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WSP Environment & Energy in April 2009.

Phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with Hiring Managers. Then 1:1 interview followed by group interview, writing sample, office tour. Offer came 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you instead of someone with more experience?   Answer Question
    Negotiated salary and was able to receive more than the original offer

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WSP Environment & Energy in April 2008.

Submitted CV online. Invited to an assessment day which was held in a London hotel (this was during the height of the financial boom) and consisted of team-building exercise (not assessed), then group project which required assessing the environmental implications of a fictitious site (presented with other candidates). Finally a 1:1 interview with an Associate Director. Lasted less than 5 minutes (but having now worked with the guy) can understand why - he's quite relaxed. His interview questions were very informal (why WSP etc, something along those lines). A week later was invited to attend a second interview with an Associate Director of the business unit that I had applied for. Lasted approximately 1 hour and consisted of technical questions, discussion of my previous projects at university. Seperately, a HR recruiter asked me softer questions on personality etc.

Interview Questions
    • A technical question on one of my projects (too specialist to divulge)   View Answer
    Was offered £21,000 for working in London and with a Masters. Shocked at how low it was but emailed the Associate Director and requested more. Settled on £23,000 pa.