WTAS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WTAS.

The interview process started with OCI. WTAS sent an alumni to my school to interview a few students. He was exceptionally friendly and easy to talk to. After going through preliminary questions about my interest in tax, the rest of the interview was just a relaxed conversation. About three days later, I received a callback. Most of the interviewers were really friendly. The exception was the HR interviewer who had no idea which job I was interviewing for. These interviews were more about fit with the company than about substantive tax knowledge. However, you should be able to discuss why you want to work in tax.

Interview Questions
    • If two partners want you to work on a project at the same time, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at WTAS in February 2014.

Met with recruiters at a campus career fair and handed in resume. Received an email a few weeks later with an application. Had an on-campus interview and then an office visit, which consisted of 6 more interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficult questions - just enjoyable conversation   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at WTAS.

The interview process was extremely relaxed and moved along fairly quickly. They gave me an answer a couple days after the interview took place. The interview was mostly conversational, basically just a half an hour of getting to know you. I interviewed with a member from Human Resources and she was extremely pleasant.

Summer Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at WTAS.

WTAS came to my law school for OCI.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WTAS.

One phone interview, one on-site interview with Senior Manager, Manager, and Associates.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WTAS.

Applied through school and interviewed on campus. Flew out to the office and interviewed with 5 more people.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember much, they were really just conversations. As a tax associate, they do not expect you to know much about tax coming in. Questions are related to your experience multi-tasking, working in teams, working on challenging projects, and whether or not you like tax.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Tax Associate Interview

Very easy interview process. On campus interview followed up with a dinner and second round interviews. Very cordial and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straightforward. Examples include "Why tax?" and "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Career Fair, On-Campus Interview, In-Office Interview, wait for a FedEx job offer or an email...

Interview Questions
    • What Do You Like To Do With Your Free Time?   View Answer
    Initial salary offer is very competitive, but everything is negotiable.

Experienced Tax Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at WTAS in October 2009.

The MD of the office came to my college campus for interviews. After my internship with the company, they offered me a full time position.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose accounting? Or another hard question for me was Why did you choose our company?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at WTAS.

A senior managing director from WTAS came to my University to speak to us about potentially working for his firm. I spoke with him after the info session and e-mailed him later that day. I wound up studying abroad in Hong Kong in the spring so I couldn't do an interview in person, but I spoke to him again on the phone before I got my offer.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, mostly fit questions and "why tax?"   Answer Question

Worked for WTAS? Contribute to the Community!