WTAS Interview Questions

2.5

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at WTAS.

The process lasted around 3 weeks and consisted of a reception prior to the on campus interview, the on campus interview and a second round in their office. The interview mostly consisted on walking the person through the resume, answering some questions regarding your past experience and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time on which you had a problem with your coworkers and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WTAS.

The interview process started with OCI. WTAS sent an alumni to my school to interview a few students. He was exceptionally friendly and easy to talk to. After going through preliminary questions about my interest in tax, the rest of the interview was just a relaxed conversation. About three days later, I received a callback. Most of the interviewers were really friendly. The exception was the HR interviewer who had no idea which job I was interviewing for. These interviews were more about fit with the company than about substantive tax knowledge. However, you should be able to discuss why you want to work in tax.

Interview Questions
    • If two partners want you to work on a project at the same time, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at WTAS.

The interview process was extremely relaxed and moved along fairly quickly. They gave me an answer a couple days after the interview took place. The interview was mostly conversational, basically just a half an hour of getting to know you. I interviewed with a member from Human Resources and she was extremely pleasant.

Summer Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at WTAS.

WTAS came to my law school for OCI.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at WTAS in February 2014.

Met with recruiters at a campus career fair and handed in resume. Received an email a few weeks later with an application. Had an on-campus interview and then an office visit, which consisted of 6 more interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficult questions - just enjoyable conversation   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WTAS.

One phone interview, one on-site interview with Senior Manager, Manager, and Associates.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WTAS.

Applied through school and interviewed on campus. Flew out to the office and interviewed with 5 more people.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember much, they were really just conversations. As a tax associate, they do not expect you to know much about tax coming in. Questions are related to your experience multi-tasking, working in teams, working on challenging projects, and whether or not you like tax.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Tax Associate Interview

Very easy interview process. On campus interview followed up with a dinner and second round interviews. Very cordial and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straightforward. Examples include "Why tax?" and "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Career Fair, On-Campus Interview, In-Office Interview, wait for a FedEx job offer or an email...

Interview Questions
    • What Do You Like To Do With Your Free Time?   View Answer
    Initial salary offer is very competitive, but everything is negotiable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WTAS.

A senior managing director from WTAS came to my University to speak to us about potentially working for his firm. I spoke with him after the info session and e-mailed him later that day. I wound up studying abroad in Hong Kong in the spring so I couldn't do an interview in person, but I spoke to him again on the phone before I got my offer.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, mostly fit questions and "why tax?"   Answer Question