WTAS

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WTAS.

Interview Details – Applied through school and interviewed on campus. Flew out to the office and interviewed with 5 more people.

Interview Question – I don't remember much, they were really just conversations. As a tax associate, they do not expect you to know much about tax coming in. Questions are related to your experience multi-tasking, working in teams, working on challenging projects, and whether or not you like tax.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at WTAS

Interview Details – Very easy interview process. On campus interview followed up with a dinner and second round interviews. Very cordial and professional.

Interview Question – Questions were very straightforward. Examples include "Why tax?" and "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WTAS.

Interview Details – Career Fair, On-Campus Interview, In-Office Interview, wait for a FedEx job offer or an email...

Interview Question – What Do You Like To Do With Your Free Time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial salary offer is very competitive, but everything is negotiable.

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at WTAS in February 2012.

Interview Details – I did not enjoy the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview Details – I had a first interview on campus, then a second interview at the home office in Boston. I also attended a pre-interview party/info session at a local restaurant a few days before the second interview. At the second interview, I had three interviews with three different people. I also went out to lunch with two other staff. Everyone I met was very nice and down-to-earth.

Interview Question – What do you like to do to unwind?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The main reason was I was most interested in a position that would allow me to do both tax and audit. In addition, I was concerned about what sounded like a very heavy workload during the busy season.

Interviews for Top Jobs at WTAS

Worked for WTAS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WTAS Tax Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by WTAS employees and interview candidates.