WW&R

www.weltman.com

WW&R Interview Questions

2.6

Associate Attorney Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WW&R in November 2013.

I was quite impressed with this firm's interview process . . . in the beginning. After applying by email, I was contacted by a talent acquisition director for an initial phone interview. She was quite personable and very organized in her description of the company, the position and what structure the phone interview would take. I was also told the salary range right up front, which was very helpful in deciding whether I wanted to continue in the interview process. I was then invited to the office for an in person interview with 2 partners. I was also given a structure for the in person interview which was followed. This office was about a 3-4 hour drive from where I currently live, and the interview was at 10:00 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving. Yes, the office was open. This took me away from my family on Thanksgiving so that I could drive up the night before. The interview itself was fine, although they voiced concerns that made me wonder why they brought me 300 miles for an interview when those issues (minor, in my opinion) were clear in my resume and cover letter. I was told that they were going to make a decision that day and wanted to move quickly with filling the position. After the interview I sent the requisite thank you letter to both partners and the talent acquisition director, and followed up with a voicemail to the talent acquisition director, and never heard ONE WORD from them again. That was over 2 months ago. I assume the position was filled long ago, but after I spent about $300 between gas, hotel, etc. and taking me away from my family on a holiday, the least they could do was acknowledge that I had come in and tell me the position was filled in some sort of official correspondence. I consider this firm a bullet dodged.

Interview Questions
    • They follow a behavior based question format. One of the questions was "Tell us about a time when your common sense or street smarts assisted you in practice more than your law degree or legal training." I had a lot of questions about the firm and they answered all of them adequately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at WW&R in August 2013.

Dirty Office, Nice People, Second Interview, Drug Test

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you where at work and your Supervisor asked you to perform a duty that you knew was wrong. Did you perform the task and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Legal Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at WW&R in April 2013.

I applied on-line. You are assigned a Talent Agent. I am not sure if the talent agents have experience in the profession they are hiring for, I believe there is a human resource background. I received a call to schedule a telephone interview. Be prepared for 30 minutes. The interviewer was impressive and very thorough on how to interview a candidate. The interviewer focused on experience and behavioral questions. The company is skilled at giving you a detailed job description, however you do not find out about skill testing. Not mentioned in the written job description is their requirement that you be able to meet their minimum typing speed requirement. The interviewer is so thorough that any questions you may have about the firm or the position are answered in their opening of the telephone interview and written job description. If the telephone interview went well they will call you back to set an in office interview. The interviewer did call and they e-mail their benefit package, who you will be meeting with by name and position. This was all very well presented. I have extensive experience in their field and would have liked to meet the collection professionals I may have interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent difficult situation and how did you handle it. There are many be pre-pared.   View Answer

Payment Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WW&R in September 2012.

Very down to earth tone but still professional. The interviewers were very knowledgeable about the business and position. They also had a good grasp on the type of personality they were seeking. Questions were mostly behavioral based and focused on how you would handle difficult employees or how you would react to abrupt Attorneys.

Interview Questions
    • Convincing them that I could work through difficult situations   Answer Question

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WW&R in March 2012.

Had a phone interview, then a face-to-face interview then hear back the following morning with an offer.

Wasn't able to negotiate anything. It is what it is

Ar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WW&R in January 2012.

I had a phone and panel interview, both of those seemed to go well, but I didn't get the job anyways. They seemed to have good benefits. It took about two weeks for me to hear back in an email that I didn't have the job. I felt that I was definitely qualified for the position as I have my BS in Accounting and a few years of AR experience.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember too long ago...but just typical behavior type questions.   Answer Question

Legal Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WW&R in November 2011.

Essentially the interview is very general. First you start off with a very easy behavioral based phone interview with a woman named Jennifer. She is very nice and pleasant to speak with. Next step is a face-to-face interview with a Manager and a Supervisor. I found this to be very comfortable and more relaxed. Seemed more on a personal level than a hiree and employer level.

Interview Questions
    • What does the work integrity mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Would you have a problem sitting at your desk for more than 2 hours at a time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at WW&R in March 2009.

They forgot to tell me that I was expected to report to work at 7:30 every morning. On the first day, I came in at 8:00 (thinking I was making a good impression) and I thought I was going to be fired.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about family responsibilities. I thought they were asking because they like "family men". Just the opposite. After I started I realized that they like people with no family or life outside the office.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WW&R in January 2009.

Not a long process. Spoke with two partners. The entire process took two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They asked whether I had kids and whether I was willing to be in the office every weekend. They seemed to be big on "face time" and frowned when I asked whether I could work at home if something had to be done on the weekends. I was told that they really had no faith that anyone really works when they are home.   View Answer
    • They asked whether I had a problem with being in the office by 7:00 every morning during the weeks at by 9:00 on the weekends.   View Answer

Seems they were expecting an associate to have no personal or family life. That was not for me. I have a life and I sometimes like to work from home. I was not willing to be a slave to this firm.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WW&R in March 2008.

A recruiter came to our closing collection agency to give us a place to go. I was interviewed by a manger there within a week and offered the job based on prior experience. The process was pretty ordinary for a collection agency. The manager actually seemed pretty impressed and pulled for me to get a higher salary than originally offered to me.

I stuck it hard for a higher pay due to my experience and got it.