Wabtec Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wabtec

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA).

Interview

I first received a phone call notifying me that I would be considered for an internship.

The building was hard to find (use google maps, NOT apple's GPS software). The majority of the questions for behavioral. They asked if I had any experience with financial modeling. Ultimately, the interviewers were very friendly and easy to have a conversation with. The interviewers were all very enthusiastic about working for Wabtec and optimistic of the company's future.

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straightforward. The interview was very quick, only about 20 minutes, and they asked typical questions. The interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable about the company and position.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm for a job at Wabtec. Afterwards, there was a brief phone interview (about 30 min) and then constant communication with my future boss via phone about next steps. Next was an on site interview with the team I'd be working with, followed by another on site interview with the head of HR. The HR interview was delayed two hours because the head of HR forgot that I was coming. Afterwards, I waited 2 months for approval from higher ups in the company, and then for the official confirmation packet to arrive. This packet came late due to, as the head of HR said, "mistakes my secretary made," although as my boss would inform he, he has none.

Interview Questions

• There was a section of the interview where I was given a section of a machine and asked how specific parts of it worked. This was a technical question and tested my mechanical aptitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't notice any negotiation phase.

Signal Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wabtec (Bangalore (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

This is where it gets a bit more involved as the interviewer tries to find out more about you. These usually form the bulk of any first job interview. Second job interviews are slightly different…These questions are designed to see if you’re serious about this job; after all, there’s nothing worse to an employer than having to re-advertise a job because the person they offered it to has got cold feet!These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself! These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself! These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself!

Interview Questions

• Describe about your previous experience These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself! These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself!These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself!   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wabtec in December 2010.

Interview

They brought me in to interview with my direct boss and two other people. After that I got called in for a second interview and I met with two other people. They had a very laid back interview process and they did not ask me a ton of difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• How would your prior work experience be applicable to your new job?   Answer Question