Wachovia Branch Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wachovia in December 2009.

Strange group interview concept. Had only a few minutes to run down relevant history each. Recruiter was very nice but I'm not certain how any of us could have been evaluated well as candidates given the brevity of our interaction. I don't feel any of us were comfortable asking questions since the recruiter appeared to be in a rush. Largely we were an audience. The recruiter did go over some high level information about expectations of employees at Wachovia and of the job itself. A powerpoint presentation was supplied. We were asked to fill out a lengthy application beforehand and supply our resume, so I suppose that was the main purpose? Otherwise, although grateful for the opportunity, I felt rather let down by the experience.

The interview I'll rate as "easy" because we largely were not asked much - but in the same sense I also consider that "difficult" because how do you sell yourself when you have no opportunity and are in a group setting?

The experience I'll rate as negative, not because the people I met or the recruiter, himself, was unpleasant - they/he were all very nice people - but negative in the sense that I am not really sure what the point was of the session and follow up has not been fruitful.

Interview Questions
  • None really. Everyone in the group had about 5 minutes to summarize their career and skill set relevant to the position.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wachovia

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

Applied online for Branch Manager position -contacted by the recruiter. Filled out a deck of paperwork and emailed back to her. Group interview-told positions frozen. 8 weeks later, called to interview with panel of regionals. Star questions after reviewing my resume. Personally, cold and ineffective method of interviewing. Once they brought up the previous salaries I made, they should have done me a favor and ended the interview. If my salary level was higher than they were prepared to pay, they should have disclosed that before wasting my time. As it turns out, they hired an inexperienced younger person with no banking experience at all, and paid him substantially less.

Interview Questions
    • STAR questioning- Situation, Task, Action, and Result.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in June 2009.

As I worked for them already, there was an opportunity to be a BM which I appliied for. No one said anything for about 4 weeks and finally I got a call to come in and one of the interviewer was late by 1 hour and so I had to wait. the questions started and having worked in the Banking Industry all my life, I was at ease with the questions and the flow and defenitely think I did the best and yet I was not offerred the position. I guess it is a hog wash. The person who came late started to yawn couple of times while the interview was progressing and while I think it is odd, I also think that itwas a signal to the other interviewer that he does not like my candidacy and within minutes the questions were wrapped up. They kept repeating some questions in different ways.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when someone you worked with became annoying and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • When you are doing your work with a customer, if someone else asks for help within the branch by coming to you, what would you do?   Answer Question