Wachovia

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in February 2011.

Call from recruiter, interview, waiting, call from assistant to set up interview, interview with hiring manager, heard nothing, email from recruiter saying that position had been filled internally.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in this position?   View Answer

Loss Prevention Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

interviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

They generally hire from within. I had one interview,with one person. Communication was very clear amd the job description was accurate.

Interview Questions
    • This was your syandard situational imterview with no curve ball question. Examples imclude, "tell me about a time when..."   View Answer
    No negotiation

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in July 2010.

After applying, process could take upto a month to hear back. Interview format was standard. Basic behavioral questions, takes about an hour. Usually 2-3 people in interivew.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, nothing hard. Have some STAR (situation, task, action, result) examples in mind before going for interview.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in December 2009.

Applied for an internal posting; followed with preliminary phone screen and then interviewed in person by a panel. Interview format is behavioral ie open ended questions along the lines of "tell me about a time where you faced a difficult situation in the work place/overcame adversity, etc" Usually canned anecdotal responses do well in this format. The company may even provide you with a list of target subject matter to facilitate preparation. This is the format used for all but the most technical jobs. The company also highlights diversity as a core value, anything in support of that will be looked upon favorably.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Decided the company was not a long term career fit and made a decision to change professions

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

The team was very much into panel interviews and group decision making (but on the surface only, at the end management pressured the peers toward a different candidate).

Interview Questions
    • If I had an opportunity to have a dinner with one people, living or dead, who would it be and why   Answer Question

I did not think the manager and I would fit each other well

Senior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

First interview went well, however they wanted to hire someone internally so went with them instead. They like me enough to have a 2nd interview 2mos later. Interviewers were very detailed in their questions and asked me to provide feedback on their current integration (with Wells Fargo) efforts. In the interim between interview 1 and 2 the hiring manager resigned, never a good sign. Who quits their job in the middle of a recession unless it is a bad situation? Very desperate (a little too much) to bring somebody on board. Seemed to me they were having a brain drain with Wells takeover.

Interview Questions
    • How would you change the screen design of this portal to be more user friendly?   Answer Question

I had a bad feeling about them. Long decision making process + hiring less qualified internal candidates + Wells takeover + hiring manager leaving - desperation = I'll pass.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in January 2009.

The hiring process depends on how you were referred to the job, I got the interview through networking so I had 2 interviews, the first interview was a 1-1 with the hiring manager, the second interview was a panel interview with the current team members. The interview was mostly behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Had a couple UNIX related questions in the form of problem solving, which threw me   Answer Question
    I was not able to however it was a somewhat junior role so I assume if it was a senior role on the team I would have been able to negotiate. The advice I would give is really know and have a good pulse on the salary level of the job you are applying for so that you are more prepared to "play hard ball" so to speak

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wachovia in December 2008.

HR was the first contact, and they were very strong gatekeepers. They were very quick to get me to and from Charlotte for the interview with very minimal work on my part. I sat in one conference room with a glass door, and interviewers rotated in and out. Spoke with 5 different people - of all levels from peers to executives. They seemed very leery of someone interviewing who didn't already live in Charlotte, almost like they were protective of letting new people into their town. They also got very personal about what my spouse was going to do and asked point blank how long I thought I would stay. It was a little off-putting, but I needed a job, so I stuck it out.

Interview Questions
    • "You seem square... Tell me why we should hire you when you seem like you aren't fun to be around."   Answer Question
    I negotiated tooth and nail, but they refused to let me negotiate directly with the hiring manager. I had to negotiate with a woman in HR, and she was not very well prepared to do so, so she became very frustrated with me. She nearly pulled my offer because I wanted to negotiate my salary, my title, my band and I also wanted to talk directly with the hiring manager about my career path. This was a major move across the country for me, so yes, I was very particular about what I wanted from the position (short of a guarantee, but I still wanted there to be an understanding of expectations).

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

The first interview consisted of a general phone interview for screening. The Manager of the Department called me back and we established a time for a second interview/ On the same day of interviewing with the manager I interviewed with at least 5 members of the team. The next week I interviewed with the Director over the department.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wachovia in October 2007.

Wachovia uses a behavorial interview technique in a panel setting, it's called STAR and standes for: Situation/Task-- Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You must describe a specific event or situation, not a generalized description of what you have done in the past. Be sure to give enough detail for the interviewer to understand. This situation can be from a previous job, from a volunteer experience, or any relevant event.
    Action you took-- Describe the action you took and be sure to keep the focus on you. Even if you are discussing a group project or effort, describe what you did -- not the efforts of the team. .
    Results you achieved-- What happened? How did the event end? What did you accomplish? What did you learn?

Interview Questions
    • Again, it's a behavorial interview, so all questions beagn "Tell me about a time you..." versus asking general questions about strengths & weaknesses   Answer Question

Received better job offer