Wachovia

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewers were 30 minutes late. Heavily focused on STAR process.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected interview. Standard questions asked for any sales or customer service positions   Answer Question

Paramus, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2008.

Interview Details – First got an e-mail, then phone interview & call-back for appointment for first interview.
First interview consisted of questionaire being filled out independently under the watch of HR rep, the initial screener. Then got another e-mail from recruiter for second interview a week or so later. Then second interview was with 2 managers, was more rigorous and thorough, focused on their methodology of situation-specific actions taken & the result.

Interview Question – Not really... as long as you do your studying on interview question types, you'll be okay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Go in with confidence and do not chicken out in asking for your salary.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2007.

Interview Details – * applied online
*got a call from recruiter and had a phone interview. it was a behavioural interview.
*got another call from recruiter informing me I was moving on to next stage, i.e a personality test.
* got a call informing me I was successful and scheduled another interview with the sales leader and also the service leader.
*then had another interview with banking director.
* then I was offered job

Interview Question – decribe a situation when......   View Answer

Financial Specialist

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in July 2009.

Interview Details – First spoke on phone with recruiter. She then set up phone interview for a few days later and at the end of the phone interview she told me she would like to take the next step and set up a face to face interview. She called back in a couple of days to set up the face to face for the following week. The face to face was with two interviewers who took turns asking situational questions about past job experiences i.e. " Tell me about a time when you dealt with a particularly difficult customer". Answers to all questions were to be in the S.T.A.R. format; "tell about the SITUATION or TASK, describe the ACTION, tell the RESULT of your actions" The interview lasted about 50-60 minutes. Very proffessional people and overall experience was good. No position was offered, but call from recruiter the following week requested that although the position went to someone else, they wanted to keep my information on file for expected future openings.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you were able to make a sale to someone that had no interest in your product"   Answer Question
  • "Describe a time when you became frustrated with a peer or team member"   Answer Question

Financial Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2009.

Interview Details – There is a personality test and then later a direct face to face interview. Eventually and background check and then a drug test.

Interview Question – Give me a specific time when you had a challenging situation and you turned it into a positive experience for the customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, they will not allow it. Not one dime

Financial Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2008.

Interview Details – Applied on job website. The first interview was over the phone with the hiring headhunter. Things went well and we arranged an in person interview with the hiring manager for the district. After the interview, watched a video on their company culture, etc, and took a personality and aptitude test. A few days later, interviewed with the sales manager for the area I had applied. Note, there was no need to interview with the financial center manager, as they are more a manager of customer service in the branches.

Interview Question – describe a challenging customer experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia Financial Specialist interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees and interview candidates.