Wachovia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Securities Operations Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in July 2010.

Interview Details – After applying, process could take upto a month to hear back. Interview format was standard. Basic behavioral questions, takes about an hour. Usually 2-3 people in interivew.

Interview Question – Basic questions, nothing hard. Have some STAR (situation, task, action, result) examples in mind before going for interview.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Analyst Interview

Loss Prevention Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I interviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

Interview Details – They generally hire from within. I had one interview,with one person. Communication was very clear amd the job description was accurate.

Interview Question – This was your syandard situational imterview with no curve ball question. Examples imclude, "tell me about a time when..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

Interviewed at Wachovia

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview. after initial phone discussion with hiring manager, went onsite to meet with technical lead, other business manager and the group head.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Loan Processor Interview

Loan Processor

Interviewed at Wachovia

Interview Details – I had one face to face interview with the hiring manager and two current department employees. The interview included several standard behavioral questions. The interview was pretty simple

Construction Consultant Interview

Construction Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview Details – First interview was through a recruiter over the phone. Very basic questions. 2nd interview was by the department head and was a thorough but basic question interview.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions other the standard tell me about yourself questions   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Financial Center Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

Interview Details – structure style interview. situation - action - result

Interview Question – lenghthy interview - questions are job related and exemples must be real life experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation - flixed salary - take or leave it

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process went pretty fast. The first interview was conducted over the phone and only took a few mins. I was able to do the phone interview while at work. The second and final interview was done at a local Wachovia Bank and was 1:1 with typical interview questions such as how do you do under pressure?

Interviewee was very nice gentleman who at the time was at the office downtown and didn't do many interviews. He no longer works for the company but was a very energetic fun loving character.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you have had to handle, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Senior Auditor
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in December 2008.

Interview Details – HR was the first contact, and they were very strong gatekeepers. They were very quick to get me to and from Charlotte for the interview with very minimal work on my part. I sat in one conference room with a glass door, and interviewers rotated in and out. Spoke with 5 different people - of all levels from peers to executives. They seemed very leery of someone interviewing who didn't already live in Charlotte, almost like they were protective of letting new people into their town. They also got very personal about what my spouse was going to do and asked point blank how long I thought I would stay. It was a little off-putting, but I needed a job, so I stuck it out.

Interview Question – "You seem square... Tell me why we should hire you when you seem like you aren't fun to be around."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated tooth and nail, but they refused to let me negotiate directly with the hiring manager. I had to negotiate with a woman in HR, and she was not very well prepared to do so, so she became very frustrated with me. She nearly pulled my offer because I wanted to negotiate my salary, my title, my band and I also wanted to talk directly with the hiring manager about my career path. This was a major move across the country for me, so yes, I was very particular about what I wanted from the position (short of a guarantee, but I still wanted there to be an understanding of expectations).

Licensed Financial Specialist Interview

Licensed Financial Specialist
Baytown, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview Details – Promoted from Service Banker to Licensed Financial Specialist.

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation b/c I was an internal hire.

Loan Service Counselor Interview

Loan Service Counselor
Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online and then was contacted and asked to submit a 17 page application by fax as soon as possible. I then was called and subsequently had a panel interview with 3 individuals that lasted about 45 minutes. I was then offered the position and they even offered more money than I anticipated. I was asked to go to Life Scan for fingerprinting and also for pre-employment drug screening.

Interview Question – Name 3 conflict resolution situations that you handled badly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had explained previously that I had some things on my record and went completely through the interview and negotiation phases and was offered position and then offer was rescinded when record was returned to them.

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!