Wachovia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

it was a joke. they talked this Texas plan up way too much. no one knew what they were doing. And they didn't tell us that opening up 300 banking centers in a new market was going to eventually close the doors

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the person for this job?   1 Answer

Teller Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a week later. The recruiter conducted an easy interview over the phone, mostly work history questions. I was then sent to do a 1:1 interview with the branch manger. Branch manger asked scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview. after initial phone discussion with hiring manager, went onsite to meet with technical lead, other business manager and the group head.

Loan Processor Interview

Interview

I had one face to face interview with the hiring manager and two current department employees. The interview included several standard behavioral questions. The interview was pretty simple

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

First interview was through a recruiter over the phone. Very basic questions. 2nd interview was by the department head and was a thorough but basic question interview.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions other the standard tell me about yourself questions   Answer Question

Licensed Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wachovia (Baytown, TX).

Interview

Promoted from Service Banker to Licensed Financial Specialist.

Negotiation

No, negotiation b/c I was an internal hire.

Finance Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Behavioral Interview to determine how you would behave in a certain situation. Determined interpersonal skills and work management preferences. Lots of questions that started out with "tell me about a time...."

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Several questions concerning meeting company referral requirements and "what would you do" type situations. Be prepared to talk about past sales experience and dealing with questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had not met your weekly goal and had to meet it?   1 Answer
    • What is a time when your customer service was not up to par and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

Call from recruiter, interview, waiting, call from assistant to set up interview, interview with hiring manager, heard nothing, email from recruiter saying that position had been filled internally.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this position?   1 Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pottsville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Pottsville, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

Most contact was made by the recruiter. Process seemed to take extremely long. Almost seemed like there was some kind of communication disconnect between the store manager and the recruiter. Background check consitsted of fingerprinting. Actual Interview was about 1/2 hour long and contained questions about my sales style and work history.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you react to the situation.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty at your previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting salary was verbally presented to me by the recruiter. I asked for a bit more and after the recruiter checked in with the branch manager I was able to get a slight increase in base salary.