Wachovia Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014
109 interviews

2.9

Teller Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

The position was posted on a job website. Applied via website and received and an invitation to take the assessment test via computer. Just a few days after the assessment test was taken, another email was sent to schedule a telephone interview with me. Scheduled the date and time. On the date and time of interview, recruiter asked numerous questions about one of the three employers I listed on my resume. After about five minutes or so, the telephone interviewer asked why I wanted the position with the company and I explained my reason why and afterwards it was stated by the recruiter that he still did not know why I would want said position. Explained to recruited again why I was interested in the position with this firm and the called was ended abruptly.

Later I received an email indicating that I was no longer going to be considered for the position.

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

he interview was la they really were dumb questions with very detailed ways to be answered. The questions would drain you out so much you would do bad in the interview.

to low

FA In Training Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

This position was salary plus commission for 2 years. After 2 years, there's no salary. Ask about group, sharing commision.

Didn't have to negotiate

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stuart, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in July 2010.

I first received a call from an HR person who had specific questions regarding my experience. When she was satisfied with those answers she asked if I had time to do the complete phone interview. I said yes. She worked from a script of specific questions with the usual behavioral interview questions: Can you think of a time when: met a goal, solved a problem, etc. She said I would be followed back up to do an in person interview. It was a couple of weeks before I heard back, although she did give me an HR number to follow up with. They said it would be another week or so. Then another HR person called to schedule the meeting and told me where to meet. The interview was with an area manager and a current Store Manager. They again had very specific scenarios to ask me and wrote like crazy keeping notes. You will need very specific situations on meeting goals, $ and how accomplished. They called me in two weeks to advise I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a specific goal, to achieve, what was the $, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2008.

1st they call you interview you over the phone, then they ask you to come in and you interview with the floor managers which can consist of up to 5 of them.

took another one

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2008.

The hiring process was rigorous. From my first initial phone interview to the actually first in person meeting took about 3 weeks. The problem solving and personality test was structured much like the GMAT. I was given no time to prepare, rather just directed to take the test during the 2nd meeting.

Interview Questions

the company began to have stability issues

Teller Interview

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

First I applied online, and then I recieved an email about the opportunity for a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a face to face interview with two executives and myself.

non existent

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

The first interview consisted of a general phone interview for screening. The Manager of the Department called me back and we established a time for a second interview/ On the same day of interviewing with the manager I interviewed with at least 5 members of the team. The next week I interviewed with the Director over the department.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

First i got aphone interview and then i was invited to do a 2nd interview by the DM. The interview went well next step would be a group interview

Client Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

Long and drawn out. There was a total of 5 interviews along with 2 phone interviews. The interviews consisted of group and individual. It was some of the more typical questions and some situational. It seemed that once HR was involved for the background check, that took about 2 weeks to process through.

Interview Questions
    no, this was mainly left to the recruiter but i did receive the salary I was looking for

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!