Wachovia

Getting the Interview

110 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Teller Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

Interview Details – The position was posted on a job website. Applied via website and received and an invitation to take the assessment test via computer. Just a few days after the assessment test was taken, another email was sent to schedule a telephone interview with me. Scheduled the date and time. On the date and time of interview, recruiter asked numerous questions about one of the three employers I listed on my resume. After about five minutes or so, the telephone interviewer asked why I wanted the position with the company and I explained my reason why and afterwards it was stated by the recruiter that he still did not know why I would want said position. Explained to recruited again why I was interested in the position with this firm and the called was ended abruptly.

Later I received an email indicating that I was no longer going to be considered for the position.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work in this position?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Teller Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

Interview Details – he interview was la they really were dumb questions with very detailed ways to be answered. The questions would drain you out so much you would do bad in the interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – to low

Collector Interview

Ontario, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2008.

Interview Details – 1st they call you interview you over the phone, then they ask you to come in and you interview with the floor managers which can consist of up to 5 of them.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – took another one

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Akron, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process was rigorous. From my first initial phone interview to the actually first in person meeting took about 3 weeks. The problem solving and personality test was structured much like the GMAT. I was given no time to prepare, rather just directed to take the test during the 2nd meeting.

Interview Question – normal open ended interview questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the company began to have stability issues

Client Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. There was a total of 5 interviews along with 2 phone interviews. The interviews consisted of group and individual. It was some of the more typical questions and some situational. It seemed that once HR was involved for the background check, that took about 2 weeks to process through.

Interview Question – How do you work among teams?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, this was mainly left to the recruiter but i did receive the salary I was looking for

Product Interview

Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2007.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews occurred - first with HR, then hiring manager, then peer of hiring manager. A second call took place with HR and with hiring manager. A day of in-person interviews took place with five interviews. The style was behavioral with all questions predetermined. Note - this was Wachovia's process and may change with Wells.

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation was possible with the offer.

Financial Center Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

Interview Details – structure style interview. situation - action - result

Interview Question – lenghthy interview - questions are job related and exemples must be real life experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation - flixed salary - take or leave it

Mail Room Processer Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

Interview Details – Tedious, a total of 3 interviews.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time where you were creative to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview Details – interviewer made me very uncomfortable

Interview Question – How did you respond to an expeirence where you had to coach someone.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Stuart, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in July 2010.

Interview Details – I first received a call from an HR person who had specific questions regarding my experience. When she was satisfied with those answers she asked if I had time to do the complete phone interview. I said yes. She worked from a script of specific questions with the usual behavioral interview questions: Can you think of a time when: met a goal, solved a problem, etc. She said I would be followed back up to do an in person interview. It was a couple of weeks before I heard back, although she did give me an HR number to follow up with. They said it would be another week or so. Then another HR person called to schedule the meeting and told me where to meet. The interview was with an area manager and a current Store Manager. They again had very specific scenarios to ask me and wrote like crazy keeping notes. You will need very specific situations on meeting goals, $ and how accomplished. They called me in two weeks to advise I did not get the position.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a specific goal, to achieve, what was the $, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia interview questions and advice. All 110 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees and interview candidates.