Wachovia

109 candidate interviews

Financial Advisor Intern Interview

Financial Advisor Intern

Interviewed at Wachovia

Interview Details – Interview Process was straight forward. Looking to hire summer intern in to assist advisors. Questions were related to interest in field.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just need to conversation going.   Answer Question

Loan Processor Interview

Loan Processor

Interviewed at Wachovia

Interview Details – I had one face to face interview with the hiring manager and two current department employees. The interview included several standard behavioral questions. The interview was pretty simple

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

Interviewed at Wachovia

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview. after initial phone discussion with hiring manager, went onsite to meet with technical lead, other business manager and the group head.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Syosset, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in April 2009.

Interview Details – the hiring is pretty much straight forward! apply, when you get a cal you do a phone interview then they have you meet with your branch manager and if everything goes good from there then they will offer you a position.

Interview Question – explain a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiating with these people.

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview Details – Both phone and 1:1 interview were ridiculous. HR interviewer did not seem comfortable with the interview and store manager performed 1:1 interview. Store Manage was clueless as I later found out she is in fact a terrible manager herself. The interview process is a reflection of the company itself. AWFUL!

Interview Question – Name a time you took a difficult situation and turned it into a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview Details – I went to a group interview. Then I interviewed with a DM and store manager. Lastly, I interviewed with another DM and the community bank president. Standard questions to share past experiences in managing others. I went a step further on my own and created a business plan, along with a 30 day plan to initiate my longer term plans.

What was not standard was the way the DM and CBP were talking about other TM's, gossiping really. In the interview! I was appalled by their lack of professionalism in doing so and it left me with an extremely negative view of their leadership. This opinion has only grown after working with them for several months now.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to work with an underperforming team member.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. They offered me well above midpoint for the job I was offered.

Macon, GA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone call, Group presentation/interview with various company representatives and also other applicants.

Interview Question – Usual behavioral questions. Very customer service and team oriented questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They start their tellers at the same hourly rate. I was paid more due to language skills. Im sure experience in the field would increase your pay also, but I did not have any.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and took a skills test - apparently, I passed, since I was called the following week for a group interview. Then a week after the group interview, I was told to come in for an interview with a branch manager. Then I had to wait another week for a call back from HR, saying that I got the job and had to pass fingerprinting/background check, which I'll go in for on Monday.

The group interview really wasn't that bad, except that there were about 14 people in my particular group interview. The recruiter will ask you situational questions about when you last achieved a goal, what your highest accomplishment consists of, or a time when you provided exceptional customer service. As long as you use the STAR format and do NOT talk about personal examples, you should be fine. So I'd advise staying away from answers like "my goal is to be a nurse anesthetist" or "I perform exceptional service by saying 'hi' to strangers on the street, so I perform exceptional service everywhere and everyday" - I kid you not, these were real answers others said during the interview. The point of the interview is so that you can prove you can sell products, not to provide you with a forum for your tangential rants about your personal views or non-banking related goals. With every answer, PUSH sales.

My interview with the store manager and branch manager was very similar to the group, except more questions. I actually enjoyed the interaction and shared quite a few laughs, but, again, I used the same approach and apparently they loved me.

Interview Question – Provide a time when you delivered exceptional customer service. How did you deal with the situation?   View Answer

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in November 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone and was asked a few questions then invited to a two-part interview. One was one on one and the other was with 2 DM's. Was called the next week for an interview with a store manager. Environment was very friendly and interviewers were awesome. Interviews were all in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation/time when you were given a goal to meet, what was the goal? How did you meet that goal? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me why (insert your name) would be perfect for this position?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want this position of this type? And what interests you in working in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was only offered a floating on-call position and not a permanent position

Teller

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

Interview Details – Basic interview process. Fairly easy phone interview then scheduled to take a group interview. Group interview consisted of questions about work experience and sales experience. About a dozen people interviewed together and a handful were chosen. Company is looking for fresh grads to begin their career. There is a question and answer segment at the end, which i recommend that you participate in.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to make a hard sale?   Answer Question

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!