Wachovia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Specialist Interview

Senior Financial Specialist
Bloomfield, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in December 2008.

Interview Details – 1] Group reception and one on one short introduction interview at open house
2] Follow up phone call and scheduled individual interviews one week later
3] letter in mail

Financial Specialist Interview

Financial Specialist
Washington, DC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewers were 30 minutes late. Heavily focused on STAR process.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected interview. Standard questions asked for any sales or customer service positions   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Wilmington, NC

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details – This was a relatively simple process. After the preliminary phone interview and skill testing I was interviewed by two people. The questions to expect were provided ahead of time. The interviewers were very polite and gave me as much time as I needed/wanted to elaborate on answers or examples.

Interview Question – STAR!   View Answer

Teller Interview

Teller
Orlando, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. We were asked to introduced ourselves and then we heard more about the company and stuff. We also watched a video. Then we were asked 3 questions and went around the room everyone answering the 3 questions. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Why Wachovia/Wells Fargo?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What was the problem? How did you resolve it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Mail Room Processer Interview

Mail Room Processer
Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

Interview Details – Tedious, a total of 3 interviews.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time where you were creative to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst
Charlotte, NC

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

Interview Details – The team was very much into panel interviews and group decision making (but on the surface only, at the end management pressured the peers toward a different candidate).

Interview Question – If I had an opportunity to have a dinner with one people, living or dead, who would it be and why   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not think the manager and I would fit each other well

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process depends on how you were referred to the job, I got the interview through networking so I had 2 interviews, the first interview was a 1-1 with the hiring manager, the second interview was a panel interview with the current team members. The interview was mostly behavioral

Interview Question – Had a couple UNIX related questions in the form of problem solving, which threw me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to however it was a somewhat junior role so I assume if it was a senior role on the team I would have been able to negotiate. The advice I would give is really know and have a good pulse on the salary level of the job you are applying for so that you are more prepared to "play hard ball" so to speak

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in December 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for an internal posting; followed with preliminary phone screen and then interviewed in person by a panel. Interview format is behavioral ie open ended questions along the lines of "tell me about a time where you faced a difficult situation in the work place/overcame adversity, etc" Usually canned anecdotal responses do well in this format. The company may even provide you with a list of target subject matter to facilitate preparation. This is the format used for all but the most technical jobs. The company also highlights diversity as a core value, anything in support of that will be looked upon favorably.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Decided the company was not a long term career fit and made a decision to change professions

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in February 2011.

Interview Details – Call from recruiter, interview, waiting, call from assistant to set up interview, interview with hiring manager, heard nothing, email from recruiter saying that position had been filled internally.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in this position?   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2011.

Interview Details – Several questions concerning meeting company referral requirements and "what would you do" type situations. Be prepared to talk about past sales experience and dealing with questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had not met your weekly goal and had to meet it?   View Answer
  • What is a time when your customer service was not up to par and how did you fix it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate.