Wachovia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

First it was the phone interview, then a group interview and I just got a third interview with the service manager and store manger of the store.They were very nice and proffessional, I really liked the way they interviewed me. They called me a few days after and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation you have to resolve? and do it with the S.T.A.R. way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online and took a skills test - apparently, I passed, since I was called the following week for a group interview. Then a week after the group interview, I was told to come in for an interview with a branch manager. Then I had to wait another week for a call back from HR, saying that I got the job and had to pass fingerprinting/background check, which I'll go in for on Monday. The group interview really wasn't that bad, except that there were about 14 people in my particular group interview. The recruiter will ask you situational questions about when you last achieved a goal, what your highest accomplishment consists of, or a time when you provided exceptional customer service. As long as you use the STAR format and do NOT talk about personal examples, you should be fine. So I'd advise staying away from answers like "my goal is to be a nurse anesthetist" or "I perform exceptional service by saying 'hi' to strangers on the street, so I perform exceptional service everywhere and everyday" - I kid you not, these were real answers others said during the interview. The point of the interview is so that you can prove you can sell products, not to provide you with a forum for your tangential rants about your personal views or non-banking related goals. With every answer, PUSH sales. My interview with the store manager and branch manager was very similar to the group, except more questions. I actually enjoyed the interaction and shared quite a few laughs, but, again, I used the same approach and apparently they loved me.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you delivered exceptional customer service. How did you deal with the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Orlando, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were asked to introduced ourselves and then we heard more about the company and stuff. We also watched a video. Then we were asked 3 questions and went around the room everyone answering the 3 questions. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Why Wachovia/Wells Fargo?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What was the problem? How did you resolve it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

They generally hire from within. I had one interview,with one person. Communication was very clear amd the job description was accurate.

Interview Questions

• This was your syandard situational imterview with no curve ball question. Examples imclude, "tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Wilmington, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

This was a relatively simple process. After the preliminary phone interview and skill testing I was interviewed by two people. The questions to expect were provided ahead of time. The interviewers were very polite and gave me as much time as I needed/wanted to elaborate on answers or examples.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charleston, SC) in August 2010.

Interview

star-situation/task activity result

Interview Questions

• it's wednesday morning and after reviewing your sales goals, and finding that you are behind, tell me what you did to meet your goal   2 Answers

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Stuart, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

I first received a call from an HR person who had specific questions regarding my experience. When she was satisfied with those answers she asked if I had time to do the complete phone interview. I said yes. She worked from a script of specific questions with the usual behavioral interview questions: Can you think of a time when: met a goal, solved a problem, etc. She said I would be followed back up to do an in person interview. It was a couple of weeks before I heard back, although she did give me an HR number to follow up with. They said it would be another week or so. Then another HR person called to schedule the meeting and told me where to meet. The interview was with an area manager and a current Store Manager. They again had very specific scenarios to ask me and wrote like crazy keeping notes. You will need very specific situations on meeting goals, $ and how accomplished. They called me in two weeks to advise I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a specific goal, to achieve, what was the $, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying, process could take upto a month to hear back. Interview format was standard. Basic behavioral questions, takes about an hour. Usually 2-3 people in interivew.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing hard. Have some STAR (situation, task, action, result) examples in mind before going for interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied in the second week of April and received and email for an interview mid-May. The interview was in group format with 2 bank managers, 1 recruiter and 5 candidates.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia (Tampa, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Evening Interview starting at 4:30pm. 6 applicants -1 recruiter. Described position and showed video. asked 4 questions: Name and past positions, expirence with sales, expirence with customer service, what strengths you would bring. Pulls everyone out one by one at which point you may get to move to 1:1 with management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations