Wachovia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Akron, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process was rigorous. From my first initial phone interview to the actually first in person meeting took about 3 weeks. The problem solving and personality test was structured much like the GMAT. I was given no time to prepare, rather just directed to take the test during the 2nd meeting.

Interview Question – normal open ended interview questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the company began to have stability issues

Collector Interview

Ontario, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2008.

Interview Details – 1st they call you interview you over the phone, then they ask you to come in and you interview with the floor managers which can consist of up to 5 of them.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – took another one

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in November 2008.

Interview Details – I first met with the local area manager because I was refereed. The manager made it seems that Wachova was the best place to be. That they had a strong market presence and that I was able to make lots of money selling the Pick A Payment loan. I needed a job so I took it. I feel bad for all those Pick A Payment loan I was forced to sell!

Teller
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details – star-situation/task activity result

Interview Question – it's wednesday morning and after reviewing your sales goals, and finding that you are behind, tell me what you did to meet your goal   View Answers (2)

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Stuart, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in July 2010.

Interview Details – I first received a call from an HR person who had specific questions regarding my experience. When she was satisfied with those answers she asked if I had time to do the complete phone interview. I said yes. She worked from a script of specific questions with the usual behavioral interview questions: Can you think of a time when: met a goal, solved a problem, etc. She said I would be followed back up to do an in person interview. It was a couple of weeks before I heard back, although she did give me an HR number to follow up with. They said it would be another week or so. Then another HR person called to schedule the meeting and told me where to meet. The interview was with an area manager and a current Store Manager. They again had very specific scenarios to ask me and wrote like crazy keeping notes. You will need very specific situations on meeting goals, $ and how accomplished. They called me in two weeks to advise I did not get the position.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a specific goal, to achieve, what was the $, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Underwriting Operations Manager Interview

San Leandro, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in some openings Wachovia had. Of course I said yes since I'm always open to new opportunities. I had a few phone interviews and screenings with various people. The last one was with the VP Recruiting of the Western Region. The interview went well and they had me interview in person at the local office (San Leandro) with the Operations Manager.

The 1:1 interview covered my previous and current experience and gave me a good idea of the job description. The complete time of the interview was about one hour. I felt that it went very well. I even got a tour of the facility. The interviewer told me that I would be contacted within 1 week with an answer. He explained that they had several positions open and where going to interview other candidates.

The VP of recruiting contacted me about 1 week later and told me the position I interviewed for was going to be filled with an internal candidate. I was very disappointed since I felt the interview went very well and I wanted out of my current job. However he did have another position to offer me (Loan Operations Manager). I declined due to the fact I would be taking a pay cut to my annual salary and all in compensation. I did however appreciate the offer. Its nice to know people still value my qualifications.

Interview Question – How do you handle different personalities and work place conflicts between employees?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Less Pay

Very Difficult Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

Interview Details – he interview was la they really were dumb questions with very detailed ways to be answered. The questions would drain you out so much you would do bad in the interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – to low

Licensed Financial Specialist Interview

Licensed Financial Specialist
San Jose, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of two people asking everything from what type of person and worker you are to what you would do once employed by their company. Although I thought I was nailing the interview, their expressions and feedback made me feel like I was not impressing them. I left feeling a lot less confident about me getting the job. I ended up receiving the job and everyone else that was hired explained that their interview felt EXACTLY that same way. They definitely do not want to show whether or not you are doing well in the interview.

Interview Question – What type of numbers have you specifically obtained with your previous employer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

Interview Details – First, you have a phone interview with the recruiter. Questions are similar to what you will find in the actual interview. All behavioral based questions, i.e. "Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee for not performing up to company standards "etc.. The next phase is being interviewed with the hiring manager (District Manager, and possibly another District Manager from neighboring region). More behavioral based questions. Interviewer usually follows predetermined guide. If you pass this, your almost there. The final test is a phone interview with the Community Bank President. These questions are more what you would expect.. What would you do if your branch was failing to meet sales numbers for the last 3 months. What would your first step be? what would your last step be? Have you had a similar situation? etc..

Interview Question – Tell me about your most difficult customer experience. How did you handle it, what were your actions, what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Like any industry, thier first offer is typically what they are willing to provide given what you represent. I renegotiated my salary and was able to get a 2k increase in their original offer.

Teller
Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied in the second week of April and received and email for an interview mid-May. The interview was in group format with 2 bank managers, 1 recruiter and 5 candidates.

Interview Question – Tell us a time where you met a sales goal.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia