Wachovia

Getting the Interview

110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied in the second week of April and received and email for an interview mid-May. The interview was in group format with 2 bank managers, 1 recruiter and 5 candidates.

Interview Question – Tell us a time where you met a sales goal.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview Details – Both phone and 1:1 interview were ridiculous. HR interviewer did not seem comfortable with the interview and store manager performed 1:1 interview. Store Manage was clueless as I later found out she is in fact a terrible manager herself. The interview process is a reflection of the company itself. AWFUL!

Interview Question – Name a time you took a difficult situation and turned it into a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Greer, SC

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview Details – lied about first location not hiring after interviewing for the position, found out when I finally got to my branch that another girl working temporarily at my branch got hired for that original location.
STAR format interview

Interview Question – what have you done to continue learning as a teller?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they were not very flexible about salary "wells fargo policy"

Personal Banker Interview

Tampa, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Interview Details – Evening Interview starting at 4:30pm. 6 applicants -1 recruiter.
Described position and showed video.
asked 4 questions: Name and past positions, expirence with sales, expirence with customer service, what strengths you would bring.
Pulls everyone out one by one at which point you may get to move to 1:1 with management

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotations

Wealth Management Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by internal recruiter. Two hour interview with hiring manager. The normal questions on background and skills. At the end, I was asked to prepare a business plan and submit it to them. Spent some time on the business plan, provided them research and ideas. Didn't hear anything back (not even a comment on the 15 page plan) so followed up with the recruiter. Told me that they are still interviewing candidates and going to keep looking. My guess is that they are looking for a grand slam home run.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Interview Details – 1. personality test on the computer: (example): strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree), you will get an e-mail letting you know whether you passed or failed, if you pass you will be contacted by a recruiter by email to set up a time to call for a phone interview
2. phone interview: very short and to the point if you "pass" you will set up an in person interview...

Interview Question – Phone Interview: Education backgorund, expected salary, FT/PT, last jobs/ duties...   Answer Question

Banking Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wachovia in July 2008.

Interview Details – Got through the phone interview and the in-person interview. I thought I did very well on these interviews and was happy to take the next step. Unfortunately, before my final interview, I took an online "Personality Test" and apparently I wasn't compatible with the position I was applying for. The personality test took about one hour and were all "no right or wrong answer" type of questions. I thought it was a complete crock at the time, but in retrospect I love my current job and probably wouldn't have enjoyed sitting in a bank retail branch.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be a miner or a florist?   Answer Question
  • When you are uncertain how to complete a specific task, do you: ask your supervisor, ask a colleague, or try to figure it out on your own?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application on the career section of the employer's website. I later received a phone call from a local recruiter. The recruiter asked me a few questions about why I wanted the job and my skills. The interviewer told me that the interview with the manager would involve behavioral type questions and she gave me a handout about how to prepare for this type of interview. I was later asked to interview with the store manager and the teller manager. The recruiter called me a few days later and told me that I passed the interview. I thought this interview process was easier than other major banks and that this bank focused more on customer service than sales.

Interview Question – Did you ever go out of your way to please a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what I would like to earn per house. I said it doesn't matter, what ever the minimum wage was at the time. I was told that they position usually earns 10 per hour. Later to my surprise I found out I was offered 12.50 on my acceptance letter. I think the offer is based off of previous relevant work experience because I know some people made 25 to 50 cents more.

Miami, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in February 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process for becoming a Teller at Wachovia is pretty laid back. You start of with an online application that requires you to take a Unicru personality test, one of those where they give you a statement and you have to say whether you: Strongly agree, agree, feel neutral, disagree, or Strongly disagree. I have failed several of these tests in the past, so I did some research. (Small hint: agree and disagree are always wrong, you should always pick one of the "strongly" options. Also, absolutely do NOT be honest. To pass this test you actually have to claim to have never told a lie or broken a promise in your life.) Anyway, along with the personality test is a basic skills test. It involves some pretty simple arithmetic questions. You can fly right through it if you have a calculator next to you.

Once you pass, they notify you that they would like you to com in for a group orientation. They explain to you the different career paths at Wachovia and that the type of personality traits they look fo in an employee. They also ask everyone to go around the room sharing a little about their education and work experience. The recruiters are basically feeling everyone out to decide who they'll invite for a 1 on 1 interview.

If you're selected for an interview, they'll call you in for a meeting with the manager and whatever bank they have a Teller opening. They'll ask you pretty standard interview questions,

i.e.

1. Name two of your greatest strengths
2. Two greatest weaknesses
3. Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone you were working with in a group or team and explain how you handled it
4. Why do you want to be a teller?

They also toss out some situational questions, like what would you do if you balanced your transactions at the end of the day and you found you were $500 short?

Nothing too crazy. To nail the interview just make sure you stress your cash-handling experience, that you love working in teams, and are very goal-oriented. Working as a teller, they set goals for you on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. They want to be sure they hire people that respond well to that kind of environment.

Interview Question – What would you of if after reviewing your transaction, you found you were $500 short?   Answer Question

Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, took a personality assessment, and was contacted by the recruiter within a week. We then interviewed by phone. After that, a panel iterview was conducted, and the job was offered. Be specific in your interview answers. They want specific examples and not generalized answers.

Interview Question – Name a specific time that you helped someone who was upset and how you helped that person.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia