Wachovia

2.9

Mail Room Processer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

Tedious, a total of 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you were creative to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

structure style interview. situation - action - result

Interview Questions
    • lenghthy interview - questions are job related and exemples must be real life experience   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation - flixed salary - take or leave it

Financial Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in July 2009.

First spoke on phone with recruiter. She then set up phone interview for a few days later and at the end of the phone interview she told me she would like to take the next step and set up a face to face interview. She called back in a couple of days to set up the face to face for the following week. The face to face was with two interviewers who took turns asking situational questions about past job experiences i.e. " Tell me about a time when you dealt with a particularly difficult customer". Answers to all questions were to be in the S.T.A.R. format; "tell about the SITUATION or TASK, describe the ACTION, tell the RESULT of your actions" The interview lasted about 50-60 minutes. Very proffessional people and overall experience was good. No position was offered, but call from recruiter the following week requested that although the position went to someone else, they wanted to keep my information on file for expected future openings.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you were able to make a sale to someone that had no interest in your product"   Answer Question
    • "Describe a time when you became frustrated with a peer or team member"   Answer Question

Licensed Financial Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in May 2009.

I had a total of 3 interviews. The first was a meet and greet that also consisted of a personality test. The second was with a Sales Leader and trainer. The last was with the same trainer and the Regional President. The first two interviews were approx 45 minutes. The last interview was only about 15 minutes. I was offered a job the afternoon of my final interview (I had interviewed that morning).

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where a service issue was turned into a sale?   View Answer
    • What famous person do you most admire that isn't a religious or political figure?   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wachovia in April 2009.

the hiring is pretty much straight forward! apply, when you get a cal you do a phone interview then they have you meet with your branch manager and if everything goes good from there then they will offer you a position.

Interview Questions
    • explain a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    there is no negotiating with these people.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in February 2009.

One phone interview by recruiter, then face to face with branch manager. Average interview considering the state of the market. Firms are very hesitant on hiring. Consisted of basic past situational questions and ideas of future client base and where they would be obtained.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in January 2009.

You may apply online as well as immediately completely an online test. If qualified you are contacted by a HR Personnel to set up an interview. Afterwhich, if you are successfull in the interview then you be offered a job on spot or sometime after by phone.

Interview Questions
    • What made you apply at the company?   View Answer
    • Describe your worst experience in customer service as it relates to an irate customer?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in January 2009.

The hiring process depends on how you were referred to the job, I got the interview through networking so I had 2 interviews, the first interview was a 1-1 with the hiring manager, the second interview was a panel interview with the current team members. The interview was mostly behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Had a couple UNIX related questions in the form of problem solving, which threw me   Answer Question
    I was not able to however it was a somewhat junior role so I assume if it was a senior role on the team I would have been able to negotiate. The advice I would give is really know and have a good pulse on the salary level of the job you are applying for so that you are more prepared to "play hard ball" so to speak

Senior Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in December 2008.

1] Group reception and one on one short introduction interview at open house
    2] Follow up phone call and scheduled individual interviews one week later
    3] letter in mail

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wachovia in December 2008.

HR was the first contact, and they were very strong gatekeepers. They were very quick to get me to and from Charlotte for the interview with very minimal work on my part. I sat in one conference room with a glass door, and interviewers rotated in and out. Spoke with 5 different people - of all levels from peers to executives. They seemed very leery of someone interviewing who didn't already live in Charlotte, almost like they were protective of letting new people into their town. They also got very personal about what my spouse was going to do and asked point blank how long I thought I would stay. It was a little off-putting, but I needed a job, so I stuck it out.

Interview Questions
    • "You seem square... Tell me why we should hire you when you seem like you aren't fun to be around."   Answer Question
    I negotiated tooth and nail, but they refused to let me negotiate directly with the hiring manager. I had to negotiate with a woman in HR, and she was not very well prepared to do so, so she became very frustrated with me. She nearly pulled my offer because I wanted to negotiate my salary, my title, my band and I also wanted to talk directly with the hiring manager about my career path. This was a major move across the country for me, so yes, I was very particular about what I wanted from the position (short of a guarantee, but I still wanted there to be an understanding of expectations).